Thursday, June 02, 2016

I M Okay!


Yesterday was the six month follow-up for Stenosis two(S – 2)and ordinarily I would of just sort of shrugged the whole thing off as just another visit expecting do find out that evening was okay, however with the increased tone/spasticity I have been experiencing last couple weeks I have been getting quite concerned. I have been fabricating all kinds of boogies of what might be wrong: the return of us another stenosis perhaps above or below the fusion point; perhaps messing up the points where they actually put the hardware in my neck. I mean I spent a lot of time putting stress on my neck as I worked to overcome my losses due to S – 1 and S – 2 and just overall regained strength. I did put a lot of stress on those neck points are fusion points and I was beginning to fear that I had done some damage maybe even to the point of having to have a second or third operation.

We left, but we thought was more than enough time to make the trek up to the University medical Center. We were getting quite concerned as we got caught in traffic stoplights as we neared the University and the clock kept ticking closer to the time that we needed to be at the facility for the x-rays. We got there in time and I got the x-rays and then we waited don't know what was going on but we ended up waiting almost an hour past are scheduled time. Eventually Dr. Daley's minion did show up and we had a good visit. The best part being that everything looked good! The healing it taken very well the equipment looked in good condition and where was supposed to be an overall it was a great report. The minion indicated that what was happening with the increased tone may be just more healing issues going on indicating that it still could be another six months of healing that could be taking place. I was pleased because I can take the tone issues I'm dealing with now as long as it doesn't get worse and that if this is what is supposed to be happening I'm okay. I'm not in pain just a little bit of discomfort due to the spasticity in trying to get things done. Again I'm wondering how much of the tone is being brought about by the the wheelchair/power chair and may be it well decrease if we can get the fix is done to the chair that we would like to have done.


We drop the bomb that we pretty much want to discontinue their services and move my medical coverage to the IHC facility around the corner from my home. The minion indicated delete that would be not a problemany totally understood our rationale. He even indicated that he would keep the files open just in case and make sure that my records we shipped over to the new facility. Dianne and I shared a collective sigh of relief. We sure enjoyed the medical support we've received over this period of time. So I'm okay and now it's moving forward.

No comments: