Thursday, June 30, 2016

Snoods Anonymous



Snood: Merriam Webster

Definition of snood. 1a Scottish : a fillet or band for a woman's hairb : a net or fabric bag pinned or tied on at the back of a woman's head for holding the hair.

I put the Webster's definition Snood in here just so that people realize that snood is a real thing and not just a name for a videogame – – not that that's important, but it's just interesting to note. I first became acquainted with the game Snood back in the days when I was working and I was chained to a PC computer all day long which I used to look up information to answer questions that I would get on the phone. One day a trip to cost the round face of Snood and thought it was intriguing. Up until that point the only video games that I had really ever really played was the initial version of Tetris that my buddy Kim exposed me to back in the old days of computers. Tetris was okay and certainly addictive and I certainly burned away many good hours watching the blocks fall and was even more intrigued when I inherited Kim's color monitor and realized that Tetris actually had colors on the blocks. But I realized I was a week soul and therefore kept my distance from all videogames until I came across the blue round face of Snood. The face looked harmless enough and I clicked on the innocent looking icon and downloaded the game.

I was soon playing the game much more than I intended. I particularly like the little cannon that launch the snood's. It gave me a rush I suppose is akin to the first-person shooter games that have engulfed the Internet of late. Side note: I did try first-person shooter games but they are way too complicated for an old guy like me to really get into. I suppose that's best all things considered. I wiled away with way too many hours between phone calls. I did take the calls will nobody ever suffered because of my addiction. But it was amazing how fast the morning could evaporate playing game after game after game. Such a simple game perhaps that's the addiction. You can win enough, you can keep firing that little cannon and the little guy keeps loading snood after snood after snood. Finally had enough guilt though never couple months slough the game away… Well not all the way I kept the icon on my computer screen and every once in a while but fire the cannon up and shoot away. But that was that so long ago when I was working.

A few days ago, I don't know what made me think of it. I was looking back on a lot of my old files and screens had saved from decades ago and suddenly there was the blue face of snood patiently waiting for me to weaken and press the download button. It seems forever that I've downloaded anything other than images from my cell phone are from one of the handhelds that I use. But it was simple couple clicks on my mouse and almost immediately download arrow showed on my screen. I got to the files for my downloads live the snood package was there. A quick double-click on it and before I knew it the software was being unloaded zipped on to my system. There was the blue face with big eyes and startled mouth nicely tucked in my icon tray the right-hand corner of my screen.

I couldn't wait for drug to snood icon onto my desktop and click and there was the choices of games to play, all snood all the time. I have had better mouse is to use for firing the snoods, but the one I have works just fine.I have to admit I was pretty rusty to spend a while but the little guy just keeps on loading snoods and I keep firingand I'm doing just fine. Already I'm probably hundreds of games into the program. I'm older now and I think better at allocating my time to this silly pastime. I don't know how long I will continue but for now I'm doing okay. I have not amassed scores that I had at one time but what the heck now I have the time not to guilt. Well actually I do have some guilt time is the only thing I have that I don't have much of it left. I've got a make every score count.






No comments: