Wednesday, April 03, 2019

Dream A Little Dream or Two



Some things you just weird. Maybe I'm just weird not sure how weird perhaps I'm safely weird and that's as good as I can get sometimes. This morning around 3 AM I once again awoke and I've been having a dream which of course now I cannot remember but what strikes me is that the stream I was having was within another dream I was having and each stream is to separate realities apart from the third reality of my conscious state. When I reached by third reality the other two begin to diminish and vanquish is my consciousness grew sharper and my ship of sleep left its port and sailed away leaving me awake hugging my pillow and desperately trying to remember the separate realities of my dream states.

When I shared what I could remember of this a couple hours later as my home health person went through our bizarre dance of bowel care and shower she asked if the dream states were repeating and I can honestly not tell her if they were are not. At one point I thought these dreams are recurring or the dream is just a continuation of a dream I've had one night before or two weeks before or a month before which then makes me wonder if I will pick the dreams up again another point in time. I'm not sure if there's any particular etiology for these night visions but I know I thought or wondered as I took my evening meds last night before I crashed I had half a cup of coffee left over from the day when I took my my meds/baclofen, and help quiet my body spasms during the night. But I wondered as I gulped this down, for the first time, in all my denying that coffee has no affect on me sleep wise that maybe coffee does. True, I seem to have no problem tumbling off to sleep quite nicely only to awaken in one or two hours for the first time during the night and then usually be able to get back to sleep. Sometimes I feel I've not gone back to sleep when in reality I think that I have. I'm wondering of coffee has some impact on these particular sleep states. I don't know. I know I got very little sleep following the wake up at 3 AM or at least it felt like I'd never really got back to sleep. I finally got up around 6:00 AM as usual. I want to use the morning time to finish getting the letters off to my granddaughters. But what I'm saying is that for someone who didn't get any sleep are hardly any sleep I thought last night I felt pretty darn good during the day all of the day which took me out of the apartments onto the bus and train and done the Midtown for DRAC meeting. Then back again. No nap on most exciting of all I purchased a large lever handled paper cutter. The paper cutter I found on KSL classifieds. I've always wanted a real paper cutter to use for my bookmark project. So I've done a lot today I should be tired and honestly I am a bit tired but not like I think I should be for been conscious as much as I have this day. My biggest concern this day is been paying on my butt which may or may not be pressure related but me and my health person is keeping an eye on it.

I actually boiled cabbage tonight for dinner. I had a little bit left over corned beef from St. Patrick's day that I thought I better use up and I still had half a head of cabbage. Actually the cabbage is quite nice and I sliced the corned beef and a nice slices. I still have a few pieces of carrot from the meal but I didn't trust the potatoes they smelled just a little bit tangy. Really not worth the risk. Three cookies-and a cup of coffee later I'm wondering what realities of fine tonight waiting after I drop off consciousness…

No comments: