Saturday, April 20, 2019

Waiting…



I just hate it when there's a problem and no one seems to be around blame. I've been waiting a couple days now for someone to send me an information table for me to fill in data. The organization I work with the advocacy one is working very hard on becoming 21st-century. It seems we have tons of data lurking about our small office that we're going to try to update and put into digital format which I believe, is very good idea. I even volunteered to assist with the project. After all, it seems that it's only data entry and how difficult can that be?

When I volunteered the individual in charge of this portion of the project indicated that already built a table on Windows or open office or some other office program. The only problem is they have the document and I don't. Actually that's only part of the problem but I will get to that in a minute. When I volunteered I said sure no problem just send me the information. It never came to contact them again and they indicated that they needed my email address which is cool except I remember having giving it to these folks more than once but that's okay. Still, if not receive the information and I made contact again and the reply was they did not have my email address. This is hard to accept but I well.

When I met with the group on Wednesday and volunteered to do my part and given the data input assignment they also gave me a Rolodex of information cards of various contacts I imagine. This was the information they wanted me to input into the company electronic files. I wish I had taken time to look at the Rolodex at the meeting but I did not they just stuffed into a plastic bag and hung around my chair and I took off. His lawyer leader when I got home the next day or so that I opened up the plastic bag and pulled out the Rolodex started going through some of the cards.

I'm having two major problems with this project so far not counting the fact that I have yet to receive the file with electronic grid. I can even ask some of these questions until I see how they've filled the space is out before and how they want me to do it now. I can't do that until I received the files. Second problem is a lot of these cards in the Rolodex are quite dated going back decades in some cases that I can tell. A lot of the information I've noticed on the Rolodex cards is the same information I had when I worked for the state information referral and I know for a fact the programs are long gone. So my question is do I just not included the data that I'd know is wrong which I probably well anyway are what do they want me to do with some of the stuff I think is questionable. These are all questions I need to have answers and I can't do anything really until I get the electronic file. Just a bit of frustration when I'm sure it'll work itself out. But worries me is that the person that I'm working with is some I have a significant amount of faith in and if things don't change quickly I getting the feeling that I'm working again with a flaky organization. But looking on the bright side maybe this is the time that things can change when we can go through and weed out the bad information replace it with a lean mean information machine. No red flags yet just kind of pink…

No comments: