Sunday, April 07, 2019

Sunday Post



At the risk of sounding sappy I just have to say I love my tree is tree is across the street from my apartment patio actually. I've written about the tree before but I just like everything about the little guy. I've watched with affection this last winter hasn't slept beneath the wind, rain and snow and now with the Spring sun, my tree blooms and gets ready for her summer dance.

History is not my tree I know that but I've adopted the tree. Actually, the tree probably belongs to the park and more specifically the skateboard park. I don't know if the kids appreciate the tree probably not right now since I would term my tree and adolescent tree too big a for twig and too small for a piece of vegetation that offers significant shade in the summer. My tree is like Buddha it just is and it is perfection and it's being. A couple of years ago I got all flummoxed because somehow my tree caught one of those flimsy plastic shopping bags in its limbs. I know the tree looks small but when I went out to try to dislodge the plastic bag I realized not only is the tree larger than I thought but it's standing on a hill which really does elevated above my ability to reach. I spoke with the manager here and I also spoke with management for the overall complex chain. I can't remember but it seemed like I even spoke with local fire department to see if they could bring one of their hookah letters over to pull the plastic down. None of those options happened in fact will eventually occurred. When the skaters dislodged the plastic sack from the limbs on my request. I've noticed with some concern that there's some pieces of debris scattered beneath the tree which am watching closely. I've not yet seen the city or County maintenance crews out and about the park yet. I'm hoping that when the lawnmower guys start their cleanups they will detect the garbage and get rid of the cast-off materials. Worst-case scenario I'll drive over to my chair and see if I can pick up the offensive material.

I was hoping with the temperate temperatures that I would be able to go out and sit by my van in the sun and read this afternoon but so far there just been too many clouds blocking the rays from reaching me. I did go out and read for a little while totally enjoying a few moments when the sunlight would break through the clouds and asked me in warm warm radiation. I was silently reading my book parked next to my van when suddenly I heard a voice speaking to me from the other side of the fence. Some old fellow perhaps a little bit older than me was asking me about my vehicle and was it worth almost $5000. He said he knew one he thought was identical to mine that was offered at $4200. I smiled and let them know that I was asking $5000 for mine but mine was also equipped with a wheelchair lift and hang controls. To be honest with you my van is not worth $5000 but that's the number I put on it is probably my way of keeping it in the parking lot for whenever I needed.

The season is still unsettled but they're more warm days than not that they'll have more options go out and enjoy the heat of Springs transition.

No comments: