Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Early Morning Melody



I hear the birds waking outside my window this morning at 5:35 a.m. I know this because I've been awake since 3:35 a.m. and this is becoming The New Normal. It's really kind of weird to be laying in bed and all is quiet, as was quiet ever gets on Redwood Road, but suddenly I hear chirp and a warble and it really reminds me of somebody waking up. Like this is the first noises are making today. I had a couple birds like this when I lived on Utahna drive over in Murray. I made a point to sleep with the windows open as soon as I could because I liked listening to the noises of the night especially after I was moved to the upper portion of the house because the accessibility. There were a couple of birds in the neighborhood love to start their days right about 5:30 AM. This is only slightly bothersome sense I like getting up as early as I can most of the time. Today was kind of strange because I was awake at 3:35 AM never really got back to sleep.

I'm doing okay for just having a few hours of sleep. I've noticed with great interest I many times I wake up at 3:35 AM and not really get back to sleep yet at the same time I don't necessarily feel overly tired during the day. I get along just fine. I don't really blame it on anything perhaps with the exception of being elderly. I've been astounded to listen to some of the other folks who live in this building, of course world and I am, talk about their early morning activities. One lady who is nearly 90 and quite spry as mentioned a number of times that she likes to do her wash between 3 and 4 AM in the morning. The lady feels there's less competition for machines at this time. Another lady regulation scrubs the floor in her unit at about the same time. I'm surprised these two and others have not sought each other out for early morning coffee. Perhaps, they are like me and often are doing these chores at these hours naked. Not a pretty sight but truly functional.

Truly, at times the noise can be significantly rousing bordering on ruckus. Even at this early stage of spring and summer I don't have my window open yet but I hear the birds to the glass making their joyous sounds which might in some degree become annoying. Luckily once again I'm totally blessed enjoying getting up early I can. I guess I should just be happy that we have a professional gardening crew taking care what grass we have access to. We have a lot of grass on the other side of the fence at the park that's a whole mother trip – – these are city employees and they don't work until way after 8 AM.I have to admit I really do miss by Murray house in my room on the main floor and the noises and odors and the sites and the sounds of a neighborhood of individual houses waking up each day to face the day…

No comments: