Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Drama Poppa



I really am not a big old drama mama but, it certainly doesn't show that in my life. Seems like everything I do looks like I'm trying to bring attention to myself and really, that's not the case, that's not the case at all. When my projects over the last couple of months has been trying to upgrade my backup chair. I've been getting strong vibes past couple weeks that I better make my backup chair viable and usable because I'm getting strong impressions I'm going to need to have one sooner than later. The couple months ago my right arm of my chair fell off. The joint where the arm attaches to a mainframe kind of disintegrated fortunately for me my brother was right there when I called and we were able to pull off the same arm off my backup chair and use the part needed to repair and secure the arm back to my main chair but is left my backup chair one arm short. I took the piece that fell apart went down to the program which used to be called CREATE, and now is called Utah assistive technology program or UATP, and they found the part that I needed to fix the chair. My brother's been busy is taken a couple weeks for him to get around to come on over to fix the chair but the day we are able to get together. I'm just amazed at his skills.

I've had a call into my durable medical sales guy, Brian about problems I'm having with my main power chair. This is the chair of trying to keep running until I can get authorization for a new chair which might be another year and a half. Besides having the repair the arm I've been sensing some weird goings-on with my chair. When I leaned my chair back often I hear loud crack! Nothing happens except for the noise so I kind of learn to ignore the crack. However, something tells me that if you have a piece of equipment screaming out like my chair seems to be I should pay better attention. Also when I took the chair back I get kind of a sick sluicing feeling as the chair tends to wave to one side. Not a lot, just enough to let me know that something's going on but again nothing seems to be too wrong. Chair just keeps going on which I greatly appreciate. However today, when Carl was here working on my other chair. I leaned back, like I always do, and there is the crack and I called his attention to the noise and he agreed that he heard too. I wanted to show him how the chair seems to slide to one side as I took the system back. You look to the chair, you look closely at the piston under the chair which tips the seatback. It was then he noticed that one whole side of my chair that tilts back has become almost completely free of the chair. Somewhere along the line I've lost a bolt anchoring the one mount to the body of the chair. Fortunately for me these thrusts are to do a side which I assume some sort of safety backup. But when the other struck leaves or breaks I'm going to be dead in the water that's if I stay in my chair because it'll probably break while I'm trying to help back. Now I'm totally anxious every time I tell back. Before, I just thought that was happening was an interesting fluke that I needed to check out – – in fact yesterday I did leave a message for Brian outlining this and seeing if it would be a problem. Today he got back with me, actually I did not talk to him he left a message on my cell that talked his technicians that possibly I might need to have this checked out. Possibly! Yeah.

So tomorrow, instead of going for coffee at the coffee group I'm going to saddle up in my chair first thing and head down to UTA P and once again to see if my buddy Tom can save my butt. He certainly has the bolts that I need to fix the one piece, I would like to know if he can actually fix the chair right then but if not if he were to give me the bolt then I can have my brother make the change tomorrow or day after. So drama mama? Or maybe drama Poppa I don't mean to be drama anything but I sure seem to be getting lots of drama anyway regardless…

No comments: