Friday, April 12, 2019

In Like Flynn…


Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Some days I totally amaze myself. I mean I just get things done now better than I've ever done before. Still not the big things like I would like to write the book and get another job and just live more fully the moment. After all, everyone knows our days are numbered. Yesterday of course be in Thursday, I had the standard coffee club and then with the time in between coffee and bookclub I had a bunch of hours the one to see if I can get something accomplished rather than just blowing the time off. The weather still relatively inclement very springlike storms and visions of storms some rain, cold wind the true time of transition. With the summer session of school coming up again I feel I need to turn every stone I can to get myself enrolled in the community College just down the street. When I left off Tuesday we had gone as far as we could and honest a return in 24 hours or so to finish the process. So, I was trying to adjudicate if I had enough time to do what I needed to do uptown at South Salt Lake campus, which is really one of the big campuses for the community college. It's where all the art instructors reside. When, the person I was working with on Tuesday, finished with me he said perhaps I can even go online and finish the process and go ahead and get the classes I wanted. So the more I thought about this the more I thought check out and I did check out online I didn't see anything different on my community college home page. So I figure why not just go down to my regular committee college, just down the street, and surely there people there can access the mothership we should be able to get things squared away.

I had an hour and a half or so to do this project before I had to get down to West Jordan library for bookclub. I was in a junk the bus and head down the library but the more thought about it I figured how stupid, I'm just going to zip down in my chair which I did. When I got to the college student center, the coffee shop and long closed but I found they had brewed coffee at the Stopped and Go, the little convenience store in the building. I got some great Starbucks coffee! Gotta remember this. I couldn't put off and wandered into the office and said Admissions over the door. It was a nice little office, two or three folks working one working harder than the others – – the others look like work-study folks. But Juan, was definitely busy working with a student or individual to be a student. Juan saw me standing there and broke off with the prospective he was working with and I waved them off saying no I can wait not a problem get to me when you can. I was impressed with the amount of attention Juan was giving this perspective. They eventually finished and Juan turned his attention to me. What a great little bureaucrat really many feel like I was announcing it mattered to him at that moment. I told him what I wanted I told him the trials that gone through all I wanted to do was to audit one class. Jaun furled his brow and tried to reason why it had such a hard time getting this one class. I told him everything I knew that then Juan saw saw this as a challenge. Together we checked classes, times and schedules. He explained to me that all I really had to do was pay for the class now that I had filled out the paperwork and I was in like Flynn. I should get notification on my community college email telling me when to contact the college and pay my “tuition”. I really have a feeling of completion now like it's finally done and why it's taken me two years to achieve this is beyond my comprehension. I really am smarter than this

Now, comes the hard part. I signed up for an 8 o'clock class which is going to be a bit of a challenge on Tuesdays and Thursdays was like for the half hours seems like. I have to confess I'm a bit intimidated but I really excited about what I might learn in being part of the college

No comments: