Monday, February 01, 2021

Cake And Fishes – – A Biblical Birthday

 




What a day?! Really was not expecting too much for my birthday. In fact I was going to cook my own dinner see previous posts and this morning early on I even baked myself a cake , German chocolate. Granted the cake was from a mix (interesting to note it had the use by date of September 2015) but it turned out okay. At least I think it's okay have not eaten at yet. German chocolate with pecan coconut frosting out of a carton I put the whole thing on. Looks good, I think, and it was pretty straightforward I even got to use my new beater/mixer which was a bit of a challenge but worked better than anticipated. I can see where this mixer might be a bit of a challenge in the future. Takes a lot of hand function, much more than the old mixer. I'm sure if I used the mixer enough I would develop system. I would develop a system or purchase the mixer that I could handle fairly well.


I did not cook my steak as I have anticipated. My older brother picked up a fish dinner from this high-end truck. You know it's a food truck which goes in parks in various lots around the city selling the fish people love it. I could not tell my brother “no” I'm going to cook a steak. So the state goes back in the refrigerator and I'm totally enjoying the fish and chips. So now I still have a cake to deal with all cooked and iced. I even have ice cream in the freezer if I want to go that route. I did clean up most of my mess which is a plus. The mixers washed up, as is the bull's-eye mixed in and the cake I baked in. Tomorrow I'll put them away.


I heard from good friends and forward places both by Internet and the phone. If one doesn't watch it's hard to not become maudlin and supplemental and longing for days gone by. I was overwhelmed with cash gifts this year. In person gave me 100 bucks that's amazing! Got a nice coffee gift card for the coffee shop next door and a T-shirt in the mail fun times – – a Spiderman shirt! My daughter in Oregon sent me $25 Amazon gift card. I'm set for all kinds of movies or even a book if I so desire. It's been a great outpouring which cut to me by surprise as I prepared to make my birthday cake and steak dinner. Maybe it's because I turned 70. They know I'm entering the endgame now but many of them are not far behind me so soon they'll be seeing the same number on their birthday cake as mine. It kind of Sobers one up though, I must admit. I'm really fortunate to be able to see this number especially my situation as far as the spinal cord injured survivor and this whole silly Covid thing. I continued where my mask and limit the amount of time I spend out of the building now my apartment. I don't want to walk into a sucker punch and not see 71…

No comments: