Saturday, March 30, 2024

Easter Eve

 The bleakness of the clouds continue today but the temperature is not too cold it was bearable for me anyway when I decided to make a run for it across the street. I probably should not have cuz my butt feels a bit in jeopardy however I needed at least I thought that I needed tomatoes and a few other things to get through the weekend since I don't like to do any shopping on Sunday if I can avoid it. I watched too much Marvel as always trying to have a reason to lay back in my chair and save my butt. This morning when I got up once again the foot riser mechanism was not working total frustration on my part. This is a crucial part of my power chair and when I must have working all the time in order to dress transfer among other things that are vital for my Independent Living. Fortunately for me I was able to get a hold of Melissa who just happened to be on our way over here to clean Apartments this morning and she wants against stepped in and saved my life. Perhaps I'm being a little over dramatic but still I've got to get that thing fixed at least so that it works. Melissa seems to have figured out what the problem is there's a plug of some sort on the side of the foot box that comes unplugged at some point in time during the night. It must come after I mess around with the foot box to make sure it's tilted up the right way so when I transfer in the morning I can do so safely. However whatever I do I mess around with this plug and it gets unplugged and I'm just at the mercy of for that foot box is tilted. But really kind of freaks me out is that in order to fix the chair I'm going to have to give up the chair for whatever it takes. Really makes me frustrated. I reckon I just have to be patient and hope I can get through this technological nightmare. That means I will probably have to rely on this backup chair which I don't have a lot of faith in on a bunch of different levels.


Perhaps the most productive I was today was I finally got started on the kid letters. I pretty much got them dictated and this evening I was able to print the envelopes so my day was not a complete loss. Tomorrow I'm going to try to print the letters get them folded, stuffed and sealed to send off the 1st of April.

No comments: