Thursday, March 14, 2024

Thursday's thoughts

  Another extremely full day for the old guy. It was coffee social this morning so I didn't have to move so quickly still I had to stay focused on getting dressed so I'd be ready by 9:30 which came along just fine. It wasn't too bad get together this morning I was feeling a little drug out because I didn't sleep very well the night before. No particular reason except maybe I went to bed an hour earlier than usual that could have been it.


I meant my biosis around 11:00 a.m. over at the coffee shop. I was really relieved and quite impressed to find out how good a person she is. 4 years older than I am and looking as rugged as I we seem to have a lot in common. We talked the entire time with no dead silences anywhere and we wandered from the coffee shop over across the street to this little severely Mexican joint. It's one of those places where all the locals go so it's terribly authentic and we got food to share. I guess it was kind of expensive but well worth the time getting to know each other. It's great that she lives not far from me and I think we should be able to spend more time together. She seems to be kind of alone sort of like me and it might be fun to have someone to knock around with. I don't think she really knew quite what to do with me and that's okay she'll learn over time but like I said we seem to hit it off pretty good. We only talked about the other kids minimally and she was able to fill me in on a lot of interesting things about the family that I have of course had no idea about. It's not going to change anything significantly of how I feel about the other bios but at least it feels like I have somebody in the corner with me looking out at the other family weirdos- we're just the weirdos in the corner.


We had quite a long time to visit like I said we never stopped talking the entire time but I had to finally cut loose so I could run back to the apartment get myself a little bit ready then head out for a bus to go to the Independent Living Center for the regular board meeting. Did I say at all of how windy it was today and that's not bad enough it's also cold the wind blew a chili piece of air I had the weird over the hood furry jacket thing the kids got me for Christmas or Father's Day but I was still pretty chilly as I went from block to block catching the bus and then the train. I was also having a challenge keeping my shoes on as usual and luckily finally when I got to the Independent Living Center my buddy Kim was able to put them on so they at least stayed on till I got home pretty much spasms are still pretty significant and I think I'm just barely getting by but that's all right. There soon to be a trauma going on at the Independent Living Center the new director got a notice of probation for mishandling our not being accurate on some funding issues. It was not her fault it was the way she inherited the problems going on with the financial issues of the organization. She took it in stride which I thought was pretty good it's going to be an interesting couple of months until we can get ourselves out of this financial ditch that were in right now as an organization I think we will be able to do it and we'll get along well probably have to do a lot more emergency meetings for the board. I was glad to get out of the meeting finally and luckily due to Daylight Savings time it was quite light and I was able to travel home in the daylight it was just cold and I was glad to get here. Heated up the sauerkraut and hot dogs and watched a little TV to finish out my day. Hopefully tomorrow I can rest up a little bit...

No comments: