Saturday, March 02, 2024

French Cut. Beans

 Once again I had a major mishap transferring from my bed to the power chair this morning. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to be ready so I can get over to the copy shop to meet with my friend Janet. So I got up around 6:00 a.m. but as I was transferring my right leg fell between my bed and my chair. I thought sure I'd close the gap between those two areas are that area last night but my foot and leg got stuck in the crack and I spent the next 20 minutes trying to free my leg so I could skip finish the transfer and get into my chair the right way. I really was a little bit concerned I don't want to have to call the fire people any more than I have to or the resident assistant here in the building both issues detrimental to the longevity of me being as independent as I want to be. Also, in the back of my mind I keep hearing voice of reality indicating that you can't keep transferring forever sooner or later your body's going to give out. I'm in the mode of disbelief right now that this is the time. It was just an error on my part and getting my foot caught. I'll be more careful from his point on. Like I said it took almost a half an hour to free my leg up finally and I was able to do it independently thank goodness I had all my sticks where I could reach him and prop my leg up and pull my leg up and whatever I had to do to eventually get my leg free my leg had to pay the cost however a lot of damage was done to the Shin on my right leg. My skin is really taking a beating another issue I have to be careful about. I wish Melissa was around she gets to put some ointment on my wounds or something. But like I said eventually I was able to free my leg and get on with my morning. I wasn't late getting to the coffee shop even though there was great winds blowing as the next cold front settles in on Taylorsville and Redwood Road.


As always Janet and I had a pretty decent conversation talking about people here at the building and what's we feel is going on to a lot of Apartments. Really seems like many of the apartments are falling apart one way or the other. Lots of mildew and mold and stuff like that and so everyone thinks they're getting sick and just a bit of a trauma psychologically speaking for those who have to live here. I'm happy still with what I've got and I think I just have to be more careful be focused and not be afraid to call in people if I need to. I was able to get Shelley's mail out done today as long as well as Mom Hughes. That leaves just Marc Anthony and Jasmine and since Mark doesn't really care when he gets his and Jasmine- - probably doesn't either - - it's on the road with Jackson traveling I assume they're still in Florida but they may have gone up to North Carolina I don't know but at least I remember that they're on the East Coast south east coast som

ewhere. So they won't need letters until maybe a couple weeks I do have the $10 bills that I stuff in those appropriate envelopes and the most I worry about is Brisa and Denver. And I'll have time either tomorrow or the first of the week to get those letters dictated and mailed. I spent a lot of time today after and a little bit before trying to clean up a little bit around this apartment. I really messed up and let it go to waste. It kept me busy for the rest of the day actually I did stop and watch the series I'm currently involved in Mr and Mrs Smith that's cute rendition on the original game or movie. Following the Jazz's loss tonight I spent time just cleaning things up as well as cleaning out the concoction container which is pretty ugly looking and cutting up some more ingredients actually I just added cans of peppers kernel corn and tomatoes in the can. Just tired too tired to chop up the real Tomatoes as well as the Cucumber so that's going to have to wait till Monday but I have enough concoction with the corn and the peppers and tomatoes and French cut beans to get me through till then and I'm happy about that

No comments: