Saturday, March 09, 2024

Sunshine Saturday

I was so concerned about my tablet being locked in safe mode that I decided I would go into Best Buy down on 21st South and get it checked out by one of the people down there. It was still kind of chilly this morning and even though my Saturday morning coffee buddy decided not to go to coffee today I felt that I needed to put in my presence anyway just to keep informed and to say that I did something today. I know that's pretty pathetic but that's me so I went to coffee and sat at the table by myself for an hour or so then packed it in came back to the apartment. By then however, the temperature was increasing, the sun was out no clouds and the wind was really minimum so I decided I would check on the bus schedule head into Best Buy and get my tablet looked at. It was a bit chilly, I must admit, waiting for the bus. Had the bus been at the same time it was supposed to be according to the internet schedule I wouldn't have waited very long at all but I almost waited seemed like 20 minutes later than the posted pickup time. I just faced the Sun and tried to think warm thoughts.


Typical as things go when I got to the Best Buy into the desk where they work on little computers and such I was assisted by a lady named Rachel who was really nice. But typically things go- - it kind of got carried away in that sentence- - When Rachel turned on my tablet and looked sure enough there was no sign indicating my system was in safe mode. I'd like to say that I had done something in the repair of this but I doubt it. I just basically turned off the system and frustration and waited to go to Best Buy support. She immediately tuned into the fact that the case that I have tablet in had slid over the volume control and so it was always on which was probably the reason that the tablet kept turning off the volume or sound. I can't believe I didn't see that. Anyway, Rachel indicated that if I just slide the tablet back into the case all the way to the top it should relieve the pressure off that volume key and the tablet should return to normal. I also had her look at the fact that I keep getting messages about how terribly finite my storage space is and then I'm about ready to run out of storage. Well it turns out I have lots of storage as far as things like entries to my tab or my and my writing. I just don't have any room to add any more applications and for the first time I started considering getting another tablet. I like this tablet so much however I don't want to go that route if I don't have to until I have to. Now that it's out of safe mode and I can really dictate freely and swiftly and with a relatively good level of accuracy I don't need another tablet. I did the pricing on the tablet that I would like to have that would have like three times the amount of space for applications or apps then I currently have which allow me a lot more options if I want to get more applications but I don't see that a big deal right now but who knows if I had access to space maybe I might. So, I pretty much accomplished what I went there for and even considered possibly getting another tablet a new tablet but not just yet. I surprised myself in that I almost did get it and I could have done it I don't think with any tragic issues. But since I spent so much this month already I just didn't feel comfortable spending $207 more on a tablet that is new. Maybe I'm cheap but I just don't feel the need to spend more on stuff I don't need right at this point in time but I'm now beginning to seriously think about the concept of more application space..

No comments: