Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Emergency room and Beyond

 You will notice there are a couple days that are missing and that's very rare. I may go back and try to fill them in at some point in time but right now I'm kind of exhausted and I just want to sort of get back online as well as I can. I recently returned home from IH Hospital! I've been there since Saturday which started out as just me going into the emergency room trying to check something out. I woke in the morning to a lot of blood on my hand when I checked my butt before getting out of bed. I had pretty much covered my butt with bed protection sheets cuz I thought maybe I might poop during the night but instead of pooping I basically bled when I got up. When I checked the adult diaper that I had wrapped around my butt there was a bit of a blood stain when I pulled it off my rear end and then later on when I went to get up a few minutes later my hand was covered in blood and it kind of spooked me. I figured today's the day I need to go get it checked out. I had never really had blood like this before at least in bed usually a, remembered later, that I blood like this a lot in the shower and when I pooped so I didn't seem so out of place there but in bed it did and it really was just the same and really about the same amount of blood it just looks like a lot and technically it is because what they found out was that I was anemic or I am anemic. Anyway I just, suited up and headed down to the emergency room no shoes just a couple blankets and my shorts and a long sleeve shirt and that was it I expected to be home that day but they admitted me almost immediately! It was kind of surreal in the funny sort of way. I wasn't really frightened or anything just watching it unfold all the concerns and the tests and going to my room and finding the bed and all that kind of stuff.


I forget but once again I was faced with the problem of able-bodied regular hospitals really don't know what to do with people with disabilities. At least around me anyway they always think of the worst and they always are just super cautious kind of drives me crazy and that's what it was for the the week are the days that I was there basically three days and finally it ended today oh the reason why I was there for so long was because I had to get a clear poop in order to get a colonoscopy and that's what I was in there for it was a colonoscopy to see how bad the damage is really was. It took me like 3 days and 3 gallons of prep fluid to finally pooping up poop out to have nothing but water coming out that they could do a clean colonoscopy which they did Finding just hemorrhoid damage that is going to have to be cured by inserting medicated things up my rectum like an enema. It's very complicated that it got even worse just as I was trying to get out of there this evening. Like I said gallons and gallons of prep laying in bed sometimes watching TV sometimes playing with the phone just surviving the day and then the nights. It was a real challenge and it still is they sent me home with a prescription to get at the hospital of the things to stick up my butt every other day next week and hopefully that will have a healing process on the ulcerated hemorrhoid. Other than that everything looks good no polyps no other kinds of issues as far as cancer warnings go which is great they indicate I don't have to do another colonoscopy for 10 years or for Life whichever comes first. It's been a long week so far it's only halfway through I plan to rest the rest of the the days if I can get away with it…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are ok. It's kind of weird you were talking about a colonoscopy in Friday's blog and then you have this.