Sunday, May 05, 2024

Sedately Sunday

 I feel guilty after a full day of watching nothing but silly offerings from Netflix in the Marvel Universe and finding out I've wasted another day of my life and then in the last minute realize that not all was such because I got up early I'm at my son at the restaurant and we had a great breakfast together. My granddaughter is still in North Carolina at her sister's graduation ceremony so it was just us- - Mark and me. And even so, we spent a good one hour to 90 minutes and conversation and enjoying each other's company. I rushed home before the clouds opened up for great wind, copious amounts of rain and then the coup de gras was actually falling snow! It was at that time that I quietly reached down and turned on the heater pulled the shades and enjoyed my Netflix as much as I could drinking coffee and feasting on the last of the pizza I got the other day and finally having pot pies, beef pot pies, a guilty pleasure I enjoy now and again. This time instead of soggy pies that I get when I try to heat them up via the microwave I actually still had the oven cleaned free of it's usual pots and pans and I actually heated them up in the oven so I enjoyed a great couple of beef pot pies. I might even try this come Monday with corn dogs. I can tolerate the corn dogs if I put them in the microwave I have to be careful that I don't explode the cornmeal in case in the dog and not get everything to hot that that's not enjoyable. This just might make( heating the Frozen dog) a bit more palatable.  Also I might add I spent a good part of the day also, nearly writhing as one of the few teeth I have left in my head as decided to do consider absination. The only Solitude I have is that hopefully Monday or Tuesday the dentist can get me in and do something to relieve the pain. Until then I'm living on ibuprofen and hope that the tooth can be saved that's some kind of price I can afford in this lifetime. On a less traumatic note I can inform you that little bit by little bit my sense of taste is returning! :-) I don't know what happened really except for whatever was making me so ill also robbed me of all flavor of whatever food I was trying to enjoy. I'm currently in a orange juice mode and I couldn't even tell if it was orange juice or not, I could sense that it was cold and it was flavorful, kind of, but I just could not get any flavor out of anything even the pickled peppers that I totally love the flavor. The pepper is still stung my mouth but I couldn't get the great flavor that I basically make the concoction for.


I've made it through another weekend without any negative effects. This is a great sign for me. I just hope I can get everything fixed and ready to go by the time good weather sets in. I'm about ready to give this chair up to the wheelchair shop so they can do some work that will probably hopefully assist me to better enjoy staying in this chair. I believe I have two years before I can consider another chair… but who's counting?

No comments: