Sunday, May 12, 2024

Sunshine Mother's Day

 Finally a great spring day full of sunshine and warmer temperatures. I've sat outside for a couple hours already not necessarily working on a tan but not trying to hide my flesh either from the scorching sun rays. I should be more careful but I am a sun worshiper just the same. A book came in the mail yesterday one that I supposedly had ordered which I did order a book by this author Paul Oster but the book that I got is not what I thought that I ordered that's okay I think I'll enjoy the book eventually if I ever get to reading it but it's not a novel it's a collection of I think Snippets from This American Life on NPR. I'm sure it'll be good and might be a good thing to read during this summer at some point particularly those evenings when clouds roll in Thunder strikes or Roars and lightning strikes and you just want something to get lost in for a few hours. I didn't open the book right away because I thought I knew what was inside so I waited to tell this afternoon after I finished reading my last Stephen King offering. It was a good read taking me much too long. Fortunately however I'm planning to pick up the second to the last Stephen King that I read earlier this year a volume called Holly which I can't remember much at all. I think it would be a good exercise to read it again. I have the volume and hardback which makes it a little more difficult to read in bed but I think I'll be okay.


Cuz I indicated earlier I spent a lot of time outside, in the Sun and shade, reading in that time when I came back there was a sack of meat hanging on the door. Sliced meat then it triggered my memory that yesterday when I went to coffee with chatted up from upstairs she indicated that she had gotten some sliced ham from one of the folks at works at the food bank here at the apartment complex that she would share it with me. It didn't taste like him I think it was sliced pork. Wasn't bad however even though I'm not a big pork eater with the exception of ham and bacon. Sausage is okay too but I'm just not big on it. It's nice to have the meat however something to do with sandwiches and be able to enjoy the coming week. I still have a pot full of hamburgers that I made sloppy joes and the concoction so I've got quite a bit of food to go through this next week I'm not sure how that's going to go I may have to do some freezing or just let the stuff go. It's a nice spring Sunday night, I may go out and get a few more rays before the end of the day…

No comments: