Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Don't Go Changing


I broke my neck almost 40 years ago, I have a spinal cord injury. I use a wheelchair for mobility and I am NOT getting better, at least not in this life. Why cannot the damn DMV figure this out! Once again I got to the mailbox and pull out the “Change in Condition” letter! I would be pissed if I just had to fill it out, even just sign the document and return it to DMV. I have to have my doc my doc sign the document and return it to the DMV. Spinal cord injury is permanent—regardless of what Superman did or did not do, vent and all. Sure, I know, it’s not that big of deal and I should not bitch so for such a great trade off, one afternoon’s work for the privilege of driving. But, once again, why, just because I am a gimp do I have to go through this dog and pony show and all the able body driver’s don’t. I guess I could be “tough” and fight this paper and not do anything and have the State revoke my “privilege” to drive win the battle and loose the war scenario.

No comments: