Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I THINK IT’S GOING TO RAIN

The skys are outside my window dark and foreboding. I have just 75 minutes of work time left be fore going home time. I must make a decision do my blog or get out the door and head for home before the sky opens and the rain comes down. Actually I have my red slicker and I am OK for traveling in the rain if I need to. The worst case-like if the rain was just charging down then I would default and call Dianne from the Winchester Train station. So, I guess I do not have an excuse to leave early. I cannot start leaving early just because the boss is a away—Actually, it getting a bit worrisome round here. The natives are definitely getting restless.

When the staff finally got here this morning it got pretty nasty with the staff ranting and raving about the current practices of the two bosses of this organization. The usual griping and back biting. Humm? I realized with a bit of a start that I was actually getting offended and I had better be careful. It seemed like most of the staff got reprimanded yesterday before the boss left for New Mexico. I did not, in fact, Alison actually game me a little praise for my consistency for being at work. Interesting. I just have to keep a low profile, do my job and not join in on the leadership feeding frenzy. It’s a hard place to be sometimes when you like both sides of a revolution.

As long as I am rambling about things which are worrisome. We use this software here t the office to record calls into our office. We use this data then to craft reports to my Advisory Board which meets quarterly. We got new computers over this last quarter but the software could not find the folder to record the data we were recording. Luckily, the software was sticking the data on a file on my system. I just cannot get the software to make the reports. So, I have calls into the software’s creators and hopefully they will advise on how to “point” the cursor to the server where the data is being stored. I have six days, four work days and a weekend. If I can get the data off the systems I can then ‘BOIL” the data down into some form of understandable reports. I don’t hold out a lot of hope. Maybe I will be surprised.

No comments: