Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Turtle Necks and Socks

I wore socks today. I hate to wear socks so the event has to be extra special to clothe my bare feet in any kind of cloth, preferably cotton or wool. Today’s event for socks is the return of cool weather. I hesitate calling the current weather cold. I however, did see my breath this morning all the way up to the train stop. The early news reported last night the temps would be dropping and the days low would be in the forty’s. Yesterday the temps were only in the fifties and I was uncomfortable going up to the train. The temps are not bad for the return trip usually in the 70’s, which is almost nice. Today is partly cloudy with chances for rain. Having this intelligence I opted for socks. I did not have the time this morning top mine a par of socks that matched so I pulled on the first two dark socks I could find which had a green stripe across the toe. I mean so what, who is going to see my feet? I mean who knows, this might be the day I fall out of my chair and have the traxites throw back in the power chair if I should be thrown out, or I might have sever leg spasms so great as to flick the shoes off. In either case I can assure the people watching the events are going to be far more interested in the spastic body parts then the fact that on close inspection this crip was wearing socks, which did not match. These folks should be just impressed that this crip was able to get the socks on and out the door to catch the train into work at a respectable time.

Today, I also wore a turtleneck shirt, if I had my way I would wear black turtle neck shirts and sweater all winter long. I think the turtlenecks make me look thinner—hey! As long as I believe it that is all that matters. I could see my breath as I motored up to the motored up to the train. I missed my usual train (socks) but the temperature was not THAT cold, I has my hat and black diamond fleece pullover wrapped round my neck, I was OK.


My coach was crowded coming in this morning (due to my late riding time I am sure) I am not used to people standing all round me. I was a little claustrophobic but not too bad but there was a rent a cop standing next to me he was actually wearing a revolved. I at first thought he was a Trax Rat, transit cops. These transit cops were nothing more then glorified rent a cops the transit authority hired to harass the customers. These Transit Officers (TO’s) periodically sweep through the cars checking train fares. If you do not have pass, a current ticket or other proof or purchase the Trax officers writes you a $300.00 ticket and heaves your sorry ass off the train. The first TO’s were little more then nerds selling out their peers for frees bus passes then I noticed, one day, the TO’s were wearing glocks, Doc Martins, baseball caps and sun glasses and looked like ice. I at first thought this crowding me was a TO but on closer inspection say he was just a rent a cop but with a gun. I was surprised and a littler spooked. I spent the rest of the ride trying to get a image of the guy’s piece, which was poking right in my face. I took these images without flash so the quality is lacking but there’s his gun. I think I like the guys on my usual train better.

1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

how very odd!! i was actually just checking out your blog before i got on my blog to write about socks... was a little eerie cause i was pretty much gonna write almost the exact same things you were, except that i routinely wear mismatched socks as it just doesn't bother me at all, In high school i wore mismatched socks as my personal, if hidden, statement. Now i must think of a new blog topic.
teeheehee, love you.