Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Extortionists and Criminals







This image is quick becoming my favorite image of myself! I snapped the image yesterday on the training coming into work. I am actually sitting on the platform waiting for the train to come in and I got the image. It’s getting cooler in the mornings and I feel warmer if I can cover as much face as possible. I was also trying to stretch out the turtleneck. If I do not stretch out the neck early on in the day the tight neck will give me a headache.

My work stress continues to rise, the sands are running through the hour glass heading toward my Advisory Board meeting. We still cannot get a useable group of stats which will allow us to make a useable report. Cecilia is working very hard and she has made some mini breakthroughs. I still think we’ll come up with something. So, I called the guys we purchased the software from, they are also the developers. Actually the software is good when it works, simplistic and built on the Access platform. We should be able, to get inside the program and make our own changes. We are going to get some Access training so we can better tweak the system and the reports. So, anyway I call ‘98.6’ ( that’s my code name for the guy I work through at the developers) and first it’s difficult to get hold of him and when I do he gives a little information and sends me an email on how to re-point my cursor to the correct folder(I think) then tells me if I want him to come and work at our facility on our system to “clean up” the software then it will be about an hour and cost $30.00/hour! I under stand what ’98.6’ is doing; behavior modification i.e. introduce an adverse stimulus and watch the unwanted behavior extinguish itself. In this case, my calls will stop when the adverse stim is introduced.In this case $30/hour. And true to form it has. We have never worked so hard to break the code of our C-BASE program. We can do this and we will . However, it just feels like extortion. I just want the information the program has stored somewhere on our network. Once I get this data and I will get this data bake the reports and get on with lfie. I will look seriously about the Access training Cecilia is suggesting—to control our destiny by scraping a couple of thousand together and getting some new software –software which will work when we want the software to work. I just feel a bit victimized when I need this material for a deadline . Like I said, I will gladly stop calling once this is over. I agree I should have tried to run reports earlier, more then a week before my meeting but I thought sure the program would work. It just seems criminal

1 comment:

Meadowlark's Mind said...

Keep your lame advertisement off my page... if you are even human.