Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The September Miracle

You will remember I was becoming all antsy over the noise emitting from somewhere under my van and how I knew the cost of fixing the problem was going to be great and unbearable. We towed the my vehicle to my cousin’s place , The Mechanic Man, to have him evaluate the problem and call us as the best way to proceed. Scott, my cousin, called shortly after I returned from work last night to report the van was fixed and best part was there would be no charge. No charge! I was elated. Scott said the rear left wheel was loose, actually about ready to fall off!! This is really strange. I must have driven the van in this condition maybe over ten miles maybe even further. I m surprised I did not wreck the van and myself in the process. He just tighten the bolts and called me to pick up my vehicle

The question Dianne and I are asking is why? The sound and vibration just came on suddenly. I know I did run over a curb when I went to the market on Sunday. I do not see how running over a curb could loosen the tire but something happened. The vehicle is not driven every day a couple of times a week a the most. Mark a drove the van a couple of weeks ago when he was using the van to move his apartment. I remember Mark did check the tires that night because I had asked that he see if the tires needed airing up.

Perhaps more nefarious and a bit more paranoid Dianne thinks, maybe her old employer is sending Ninja’s during the night to bring demise onto both of us. Maybe it’s one the neighbors or a whole a conspiracy for letting my yard go, not watering the grass enough or letting my weeping willow hang too far onto the sidewalk. I see the kids on their bikes cringing, as they have to ride through willows. I know, I have to dodge the same willows when I leave for work in the mornings and when I come home. I am sure this whole event “just happened”…just poor vehicle maintenance. I am thankful to be alive at no further cost to me or my van

No comments: