Friday, September 16, 2005

A very short day today.



I had massed about 51/2 hours comp time last week at the sleepover in Park City and I have to use these hours before the end of the time period of loose the time. I was called earlier in the week about going out and inspecting new Trax station slated to go in service next Monday. The UTA needed a couple of gimps to go inspect the project. Today is one of those near pristine Fall days: brilliant sunshine, temps in the high 70’s low 80’s a perfect day to escape the office. I was going to bring the van into work today to save time but I just could not muster the energy to drive the pig in. So, with my lunch hour and having opened the office and put in an hour then I figured at least two more hours out on the Trax line and I would be done for the day. So, it was. I made sure CC was going to be in the office all day and I cleared my time with Clair and I was out the door.

The inspection was easy and somewhat fun. I was on time, the rest of the team I was to be inspecting with was about twenty minutes late. I just rolled round looking like I knew what I was doing. I had my camera out And took pictures of the project. I will include some of the images in today’s offering. I have to Admit I like this kind of duty. I used to do a little contract work with the transit authority. I used to ride under cover auditing “problem” drivers. I would ride little, observe the driver in question and write a report and get a couple of hundred. Not bad, I wish I could line up some of this work now. Oh well easy come easy go.



Coming home was a bit of a drama but I am home and all is cool. I had to get to a trax station since the site we were working was not in service yet. This met I had go over a couple street to State Street and catch the 22. I waited for a half hour when the bus did come the was already full of gimps I had to wait for the next bus another half hour wait—so I decided I would head back to the clearest train station “Ball Park”. I made it but my power was dropping—I was almost into the “red zone”. I still do not trust this chair I looses power way too fast. I have to get the chair worked on but that will be another day. I just wanted to get home before the chair ran dry…I made it!

No comments: