Monday, July 03, 2006

Barbeques and Bathtubs





Monday morning and here I my laptop , at home waiting for the repair guy from Sears to arrive to tell me that he will have to reschedule to to come back when he will have the part he need to do the actual repair. I just know that is going to happen, it is what has happened every time I have taking my annual leave to sit home while the repair guy comes. I kinda wanted to work today. I did this big production is the staff meeting the decided who would be working the pre and post holiday work schedule since people try to wring out as much time as possible from their holidays.

Now get this .you will not even read this post till I get back to work possibly as far away as Wednesday. I did something to home system on Saturday and I lost my connection to the Net! The season being Summer and all, I have been kept busy outside doing yard work, garage work, being a good neighbor. So withdrawal over the weekend has not been too bad. Now, however, I must get my connection so i can post, check my back statements and just “zoom the Net”. I decided after missing the post for yesterday that I would go ahead and write the posts and worst case scenario: I will just post from the office. But hopefully I can get back on line today.

So far my Fourth of July vacation has been great. We have just been doing maintenance around the house, a little grandkid duty but not too bad and on Friday we went to the Concert in the Park series: music from Polynesia. The concert was hokey with , mainly ancients sitting round the park amphitheater in folding lawn chairs and fat people on grass grazing on popcorn and snow cones, some enterprising local came to vend. Cute girls, lots of hula and hand movement and people grazing. We took Auni, who loved the experience, in the park, with grandma and live entertainment. Yesterday I cooked—we cooked or BBQed. Last night's meal was the first of the Summer and a change from our regular procedure of cooking on our deck. I had Mark move the baroque pit to the front of the house which is shaded from the afternoon sun. But, it's weird doing this act in the front yard. It's like exposing yourself. Big smoke billowing up from the grill right infront of the garage. Kids zipping by on bikes and skate boards, or in our neighborhood the kids are cruising those electric “razor boards” and scooters. Neighbors were out with their leashed dogs, the dogs were over interested in what we were doing. The neighbors just sniffed and stared straight ahead as if not to notice us doing something indecent The neighbors did not phase me a bit.

Funny though. I had the strangest dream. I was in college or in a seminar of something and I had just gotten up and I needed to bath and I wondered round till I found a room with bathtubs. The room was empty I went in and stripped and started my bath when people started wondering in and taking their separate tubs. These folks sat in tubs filled with water with their clothes on and I wasd naked?!! Go figure.

No comments: