Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy B-Day USA

Last night Dianne and I chased firework displays for maybe half an hour. The plan was to take in one of the firework display last night so we could sleep in this morning since I have work tomorrow bright and early and did not think staying up late tonight would be a very good idea I looked in the paper yesterday morning to see who would be launching fireworks that evening. The place I found was in Magna a very small city about 15 miles west of us. The drive is close if we take the Interstate.

Magna was having a fair at the same time so we figured we would go to the fair and hang out until it was time to watch the fireworks. The evening was warm and traffic light as we cruised West. The fair was cute but very small town. Going to the fair was taking a trip in a time machine. The crowd was sparse when we got there. In fact we had a difficult getting to the fair. There was not any curb cuts and I eventually went a couple blocks until we found a driveway which could allow me access to the fair proper.( I am going to write a letter to Magna city to insist they begin thinking of building some access to this park.). I gritted my teeth as I back tracked to Dianne. The midway sported five or six rides—mainly kiddie rides, small roller coaster, Zipper and sledge hammer. Two food booths, or rather cotton candy, caramel apples and snowcones. One of the stands also offered corn dogs we had one each. You whatv the place looked like? It looked like a movie set. Like a movie about small town America—something out of a Stephen King movie. There was even a small stage set off from the midway of local talent very local talent. Bad as the talent was it was cute, these guys has enough gumption to get out and preform. We found that the fireworks was for tonight and the paper had it wrong. It was getting dark and we decided to make a run for it and try to find a fireworks show. It was ten o clock and most of the shows launch about that time. Dianne was driving fiercely and I was beginning to see color eruptions in the Southern Sky. We drove ans drove and finally decided to pull over and see what we could see. The fireworks were launching all over the valley. We were too far away to see anything clearly but we were happy to be motivated enough to be out and and enjoying each other.

It was late when we got back and we ended up reading for another hour before we finally felt enough “unwound” to get to sleep. Today we had the morning heat and more moisture pushed in and by mid afternoon we were having thundershowers. We had also a granddaughter by then who needed some time out from her house. So, Auni and Dianne played and cooked and had a good time. I worked on the

computer awhile and just enjoyed my time off. Tomorrow I am back at the office for a short week prepping for my quarterly Advisory meeting. Happy 4th Everyone.



No comments: