Sunday, July 09, 2006

Patience,Patience, Patience





I hate it. I am so irresponsible I cannot stand it. For the past four or five weeks I have been trying to locate my camera transformer. I have an older DVD digital camera and I have used it a couple of times but never as much as I have in-light of the amount of money I spent on the camera. I did the obligatory video of the grand kids, nephew's baseball games and maybe one or two reunions. I did a couple of music videos and even posted a couple to` my Myspace account. Even a couple personal flicks just to see but then every thing the n dies off as interest waned. I realized that I really had just a “play camera” and not the software I really needed to make movies or documentaries, which I am really interested in. Then there was the editing which would have to be done: time and patience I beginning to doubt that I have. I went through the same mania when I first got in to web page building. I even got an account that I still maintain today. I like web paging once I get into it but getting there is sorta of a drag. I had such big dreams to start out though.

Now, I have some ideas I really want to consider but no way to really do the project. What is perhaps what is drive me the most insane is that I know the piece of equipment I need is here in the house somewhere. I mean our house is only so large, there is only so many places the device could be; add in the fact that, me being in a wheelchair limits the possibilities even further. I remember five of six months ago I had a similar drive to be creative and I DID find all the pieces I needed( except the software). I remember thinking ' Ha, I'll plug the cord in and just live the end exposed where the end would be accessible and I would just have to plug the camera in when it needed charged' Seems that I also wanted the cord close to one of the computers so I would have ready access to the system when I wanted to download. The piece has to be round here somewhere but where? What I need to do is borrow on of my kids who is nimble and strong enough to move heavy and awkward items to be able to look behind and under things. Then and there I will find the transformer.

There is another option to consider: start searching the network for either a new or used component. The cost cannot be that much can it? Ebay, or Yahoo auctions maybe useful. But, then it' the time factor. I will not be filming with the camera today and that is for sure. Patience, patience, patience maybe this is what this exercise is all about. Ok, I am up to the challenge.

No comments: