Sunday, July 23, 2006

Hot!

I skipped yesterday because I was too hot. I went to swim lessons with Auni—boy was that a weird experience. Then we had to stop in at the “Farmer's Market”. I slip this in quotes because`` our Farmers Market (FM) anything but local farmers. I always have this idea that I am going to find produce grown by my neighbors and other folks who are locals and have garnered enough produce that they want to share it with their other neighbors at a great savings. What you(I) get is trucks just smaller then semi-s from giant farms from all over the state and beyond. Electronic swipe machines, vacuum packed packages and gallons of bottled. The bottled water is ok since the temperature is well over a 100 degrees probably much warmer on the blacktop where the market is held. The prices are high, at least as high as in the local market. The only benefit is that all the produce is in place and maybe if you get there in the closing minutes of the saturday market you actually get some great deals since these “farmers” do not eant to drag their produce home with them and dad left early and the kids ( who were left minding the store or truck bed ) in this case have to problem under selling dad and pocket the cash for the rodeo or what ever farmer kids do for fun...see Footloose.

Anyway by the time we were finished at the FM I was on my way to becoming super heated and once I get the hot I am lost for the rest of the day. Watched Starwars Episode V and blew off the rest of the day. I have been able to get back to my shop thanks to Dianne. The shop is hot though too hot to really enjoy but I got back in the shop and did a couple pieces of work. More to come. I still have not found all my hand tools but I have enough to do most of the projects I am interested. I am headed back out in a few minuted. I drover to Lowes this morning and got some bolts and stuff needed for a project I have been trying to get finished. Ofcourse the store actually had a GREAT sale...one day only !! `and I spent way too much time picked up some items for cheap and felt like a real guy. I tend to get lost in huge arguments with myself trying to justify a purchase. Buying anything for me is a challenge if not debilitating but throw me into a sale with money I am pitiful. I will stare at what I want to purchase for hours, alternating staring at the item or just rolling round the store hoping that when I come back the item will be gone, sold out the door.

Tomorrow is the 24th of July. The 24th is a major holiday in this State. I am, of course, off from work. I don't have a lot planned just want to enjoy the day and time away from the office.



No comments: