Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Promise


My Saratoga Silver finally arrived yesterday, were are totally excited. The Saratoga came by a big brown truck, as freight. One box in the back of the freight truck on one wood pallet. The driver climbed down from his huge cab. Walked to the back of his rig opened it up and down loaded the box onto our driveway and drove away. I had stayed home from Wellness to take delivery, which was stupid because there was nothing I could do but encourage those able-bodied folks doing everything to receive my machine and stow it away. Dianne and I walked round the box wondering if this was the whole shipment. I had expected two boxes, there was only one box and it was wrapped up tight as Christmas.

The box was heavy and there was now we were lifting it in to the house my ourselves so we found a razor blade and cracked the box and sure enough in side was everything. The table to mount the ergo meter on and the Saratoga but everything disconnected. We took the machine out of the box piece by piece. There were bags of bolts and washers many of these. The hand crank, the computer read out board and the pieces of the stand. The packing was blue styrofoam blocks and pieces all cut from styrofoam blocks—the box itself was totally lined with the stryo stuff. We finally got enough pieces liberated from the box we could carry everything inside the house and put everything on the table. Clearly putting this mother back together was going to take more energy and skills we had the moment.

In the mean time we are placing calls first to family we are hoping can help. We called Gabe but were not able to make contact. Then I tried my one, Mark but was not able to make contact with him until today. He was busy with my granddaughters gymnastics meet. We passed a couple of texts maybe he can come over tomorrow, Sunday. Hopefully we can amass the machine in two hours. Kids are busy with life we understand and appreciate any assistance we can get when we get it. If immediate fam does not workout then we will try extended family and if the extended option fails then friends then finding a handy person we can pay to have the service completed.


I m going to get this Saratoga Silver assembled as quickly as possible—of course it will not be as quick as I would like and I am going to use what resources I have to accomplish the project. I believe in the great results I have garnered at Wellness and know important the machine is to my body, health and well mind. I am not going to let the pieces sit round till they eventually all get lost or destroyed as I have done with so many other opportunities in my life. I am going to have my hand bike together and being used one way or another by the end of March. That is a promise. 

No comments: