Monday, March 17, 2014

My Saratoga


Saratoga Silver set up ad ready to go

I am really quite surprised at myself, today is Extraction Day and I am fairly calm and excepting of why ever today brings. I mean, usually I am quite beside myself when facing the dentist especially knowing the appointment is specifically to extract a felony molar. The only thing which could go wrong besides my death is Drew, my dentist, may say that there is infection, here is some medicine take it and come back in and we'll do it again or he may say something like, “Whoa, I don't like the looks of that, that tooth is way in the back, I am afraid I'll have to sent you over to my buddy Jack the Oral Surgeon, let let him wrestle the bugger out.” In which case I would be slightly relieved but dread having to wait another however long it takes to resolve this discomfort and fear of an immediate escalation of pain.

My appointment is for 12:30 pm, it was a cancellation last Thursday when I called, so I suppose I am lucky, I am in that I hope to have this mess pretty much behind me before flies out to Baton Rouge for a week to visit her family. I am missing my volunteer day at 211-which is no big deal. I hope I will feel up to my other volunteer responsibilities an to my Wellness workout. However, Wellness may not be such big deal now that I have my SS set up and ready to go. I cranked a little yesterday. I think I am really going to enjoy having this machine home and able to use when ever I . Now I really need Wellness for the use of their weights, some staff insights and a little socialization. I hope to build my home gym to the point that I might be able to disconnect with the University Wellness program all together. I really am fortunate—more so then I deserve.

The Saratoga Silver finally arrived Thursday afternoon. Dianne and I tore into the box to see if everything was there, it was but all in pieces. This was going to be a major assembly job. We were going to have to find someone to help. We made some calls but it was not until Sunday I was able to get Mark A to come over and put the machine together. I am always surprised at how well Mark does this kind of stuff. He has a great analytical mind. We talked and Mark assembled and soon had us useable functioning Silver Saratoga 1.I can us the machine but not as effectively as I will when I get a set of gloves which will 'lash' my hands to the crank peddles.

The time with Mark was great- found he doesnot have the great fear of dentists that I do. He actually have a healthy point of view such as 'Dentists are our friends', that whole thing of practice good oral health and going to the DDS will be a walk in the park—something to look forward to. My discussion with Mark A helped a lot as did a comment left on my blog post from Friday or Saturday my little sister who maybe just have as big of DDS phobia as I. Her reassurances helped a lot. Thanks everyone.


No I better go get un-naked, get dressed, ride my bike and see a man about a yank.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I have a DDS phobia, too.