Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Another Long Day



 The view from the top of the stairs at Utah nonprofit right charged my chair for an hour

I am just amazed at the response that I've gotten from the posting I put on the other day regarding my diagnosis of shingles. I must be one lucky duck the question about it seems like if you've got shingles that usually really horrible, it's painful and very limiting. All I know is that I had one day of minimal discomfort and we went to the doc in a box start me on some medication and I'm feeling okay now. I'm sure I'm going to have bouts of shingles unless I can get a vaccine for the disease process. I guess my Doc suggested one but she didn't want to vaccinate me and tell I was 65. I think I am going to have to give her a call and see if she wants to go ahead and vaccinate because I don't want anything worse than what I experienced last weekend.

Yesterday was my regular Assist, Inc. meeting which is that 11 o'clock so I was up pretty early and out the door 830-ish, I know I was early I just want to be looking at downtown make sure that I had enough time to write some thoughts to my on line folder, maybe get rid of some emails and mess round the library. The assist meeting was okay, I had forgotten that today following the meeting Dave is going to get soup and bread for Memorial to Jean who is one of the long-term board characters who passed away recently. Actually, the soup was pretty good as was the company but I was glad to have it over with and to get on with my day. Since I was downtown I was going to stop at Sears which is just a few blocks away from Assist Inc., during the last part of the meeting I got a call from Utah Neighborhood Housing who still needed to have signatures for one of the high-rises. They were a little bit on the way but I figured why not give it a shot. So, I went to Sears got the spades I wanted and then I was off the Utah Nonprofit Housing Corp. I knew this was going to put drain on the batteries but I was curious to see how the chair would do with the extra distance. I had forgotten the Corporation was putting up a new building adjacent to the old there is construction everywhere and piles of gravel were dumped in the curb cuts and luckily I just was able to get into the building. But it need come across as a board of director assure one to talk to who is in charge of physical building change and make sure there is some sort of adequate access to this building particularly if I was supposed to come in on my own power to do what they wanted me to do. I was amazed as I sat there waiting for my chair to charge the guy action came in and actually kowtowed to me like I was a Board of Director and has some sort of power.


Well I found a plug-in laid-back chair in charge for about an hour, the secretary gave me the password to the Wi-Fi and I rested and charged then headed back home. This ended up being quite a long day I think I am at my limit of volunteer activities—now I want to take some time for me.  

No comments: