Sunday, September 21, 2014

Shingles, Really?!!

Shngles


SHINGLES?! – – It never stops, it just never stops! Have I not suffered enough in this life? Adopted, Mormon, spinal cord injury, living in Utah and now shingles? I clearly did something really wrong in the preexistence.

I noticed the pain and my side this past week all started in the middle of the week. I thought that I had scratched myself so I didn't pay much attention to it. The pain seemed to get worse in kind to seem to be spreading to the front part of my body. I finally confided in Dianne and had a look at the welt that I thought was on my back and she knew in an instant something was wrong. I continued to be in denial the rest of the day( this was yesterday, Saturday) . Our second son Brooks came into town for a week and we've been going out with him often on in yesterday we went to dinner. Afterwards Dianne asked if I want to go to the local Dock In The Box after dinner and I hemmed and hawed, and finally I thought to myself why not? I knew I had a bladder or kidney infection I just didn't know how bad but I sensed a urinary tract infection was getting bad enough that I had better get some antibiotics at least and see for real what the welt on my back was.

These after-hours medical places always weird meta-what time you go, you always get the feeling that you adulterating on your regular medical practitioner. Even worse on weekends and after-hours. The receptionists always looks like there's a million other places where they like to be, usually chewing gum at least one pen stuck in her hair with a fashion magazine upside down on the counter as she hands you the “history document” for you to fill out. It's the process,, you got a go through the process which you do then find a place as far away from the person hacking like they've got tuberculosis and try to either read your book, plan your tab are watched whatever news channel they have on the flatscreen on the wall in the corner. Luckily last night, we got there before the Saturday night rush, and within a relatively short time we are in the examination room and Dianne was pulling my shirt off or up in the PA walks in. He barely glanced at my back and said Yep you got shingles, I try to insert well could be this could be that and he said yeah you probably have a UI to let that my friend is shingles. The dock of course had me pee in a cup, but he already knew I had a pretty massive UI. So we went crazy writing prescriptions I got three out of the visit so into it my part to keep the pharmaceutical industry on tact and their commitment to rape America every chance they get.


Well, filled the scripts went home and Dianne had me start them immediately, watched a couple of recorded TV shows by the time I was getting ready for bed noticed I was feeling much better and the science of the dreaded shingles were already beginning to fade. Once again Dianne has saved my bacon and I'm going to live to see another week. I'm so glad and lucky to have Dianne in my corner looking out for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you've found the misery of shingles. I've had several bouts with this miserable disease and every time just wanted to curl up and die. It's amazing that something so small can hurt so bad! Hope that you get to feeling better soon. Stay tough and take all your meds, big brother! This too, will pass.