Friday, September 19, 2014

Ogden Bound



I'm a little sleepy this morning we had a great storm pass through around 3 o'clock this morning, lightning thunder and some rain. I got up briefly and came back to bed just could not get back to sleep from then on. I guess my mind was, once again, cotton overdrive thinking too much and too excited to get back into sleep. Sometimes I can force myself back to sleep and get a couple hours before I have to start the day but if I'm excited I might as well kiss the sleep bunny goodbye.
Today I'm taking the train up to Ogden to sit in on the board meeting for the Ogden Independent Living Center. I've been thinking of volunteering for some I L's board for some time and the director of the Ogden center asked me first. I'm pretty excited not only to serve on the board but to use Front Runner to make the trip up to the center. I'm just curious to see how well the system works. I mean I'm still at heart the transportation coordinator, I believe in public transit, I believe in mass transit, particularly for folks with disabilities if the system works for you and I said by all means use it, use the hell out of it. There seems to be a bit of an issue however, being that I live in Salt Lake County and the I L is in Weber county about an hour north of Salt Lake. The train goes right there and it looks like they will pick me up at the station so it should be a slam dunk deal. The only drawback is the meeting is pretty late in the afternoon starting around 3 o'clock and hopefully it will be done by five so I should be traveling with daylight on my trip home the only thing I am a little skiddish about is being able to catch 201 at Murray Central. I am hoping that if I cannot link up with the 201 I really get a hold of Dianne and be able to have her come and pick me up.


So I'm up in the saddle, completely dressed, looking darling in blue, have my chair charged fully, I have my cell charged fully and my tablet charged and ready to go—I am ready to go.

No comments: