Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Lunch



I had lunch today and buy a Mack and his wife Jan at the senior center here in Murray. Weatherwise the day was a bit of a trauma. I heard the wind blowing and rain falling through the night and especially early morning. I was at times a little spooked. Dianne had been up all night and I knew she was going to be dead to the world. Still, I felt pretty comfortable with the desert weather of this area that the time for my meeting at the senior center the rain will to stop in fact that was the case.

I took off around 10 o'clock to make sure that I had ample time to get to the senior center. So I meandered through a number of stores up on State Street killing time. I did end up going to the center about quarter after 11 o'clock and hanging out in the lobby of the center. I forget how much of business the whole senior center systems are. I forgot the system of carding in when you get to the center. I don't have a card which is sort of weird I don't know why that is but my name still on record as being registered at the center. So they took my name and checked me in a how strange is that? I met with a couple of the higher staff and got some information about events of the month. I don't know really how much Dianne and I might become involved with this place but there's some classes it might be interesting.


Again, the reason I was there for us to act as a support for my friend Mack who is scheduled to take a tour of the facility at 1130. I some what set this up by talking back into taking the steps to do this so I felt responsible enough to be there to ease him through. I really feel their activity at a place like the senior center will be helpful to both and give them an added dimension to their lives. I did feel a little bit out of place though sort of be in a fifth wheel through the tour process but when off okay. We even had lunch at the center. The center offers a pretty good lunch. It's a hot meal and healthy and I think for some of the folks who partake of this meal may be the one meal of the day. It was a bit difficult however trying to talk particular strangers sharing our table. Wind up gabbing a bit after the meal and that was fun. The bottom line is I need to get over to their condo where I can visit with less outside interference with these two. Mack has some other significant needs that I think UCAT .might be able to assist. I hope UCAT will be able to assist with this problem I'm actually surprised it's not being handled by the industry already. Mac is on oxygen drags around this bottle of oxygen is needed is to have a two oxygen cart. I will have to do some checking on the cart. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix and Mack will be able to extend his ability to travel.

\

No comments: