Friday, September 12, 2014

Mail Call!


I've noticed this last week, more so than ever this summer, given other options I am pretty happy sitting out either on my deck are in front of my garage in the afternoon reading, soaking in the sun like a old lizard on a rock. I did notice this because each day I've been able to take in the mail directly from the postman as he wandered past the house saving him the trip of going into the mailbox. Now granted, this behavior will change as the autumn moves into winter and it's too cold but I wonder if I'm becoming the old fart who watches everything in the neighborhood. I have become that old lady in Bewitched I know her name is not Mrs. Cravits but that name of fit. This old bitty watched everything in a neighborhood and afraid that a server who I am. I'm sitting out there usually mid afternoon when the kids get out of school just sitting, reading sometimes working in my garage shop always out, always watching. I want to talk beginning of this blog in the back of my mind for another blog and elaborate about be in the neighborhood watch or at this blog, today is about a piece of mail I got this last week which is pretty symbolic of a lot of the mail I get anymore.

I'm sure one day turned 60 that my name was somehow moved from regular mailing lists, as bad as those are, to some super seniors mailing list. It could have been my first brief brush with AARP but that's enough to do it that's enough to stain you or stain me as old. I did not feel it but I can see on that day at big red target was painted on my fore head. I am the person who industry is going to make, or thinks they are going to make a lot of money on however many days I have left. Actually, this identification does not bother me as much as annoying me in this direct and crass nature. In some ways this mail is addressed to me but obviously the target is my more able-bodied partner/caregiver/family member. I cannot believe the amount of resources this industry is pouring in to this kind of garbage. This week I got the brochure which I've posted above for urgency of emergency but I also got one for a complete dinner if we(Dianne and I) attend a seminar our grand opening of a local assisted living program. Looks like a pretty higher place which I doubt we would be able to afford but still just the blind, shotgunning, approach to mass marketing these jackals are using. It's a shame that this is what our post man has to deliver day in and day out. I believe in the Postal Service I just wish more people wrote letters that postman could deliver that would be welcome as opposed to crass caricatures of seniors trying to survive in the senior medical complex.



No comments: