Monday, June 15, 2015

Who Knew?



I know I am going on and on about my attendant care people but they are such a reservoir of things to comment on his experiences just so bizarre I can't help not writing about them. Just be glad I've restrained myself from taking action images of these people – – that probably would be stepping of some kind.

John, my main morning guy whom I've written about before, is on vacation this week yes, these folks actually have vacations too. John flew out Saturday morning to spend a week in Pennsylvania to be with his daughter and grandchildren for the week, So I'm having substitutes for my morning attending. This morning I had Mark he is the same guy that usually does me in the evening. Mark is okay, I guess, just sort of annoys me. There's nothing significant that he does biggest just about the little things. I cannot say I was overjoyed when he told me you'd be doing two of the morning shifts. So that means today he will be doing the morning shift in the evenings which is almost too much Mark. I almost thought about calling the agency to request another person but thought it through and felt what the heck it will not kill me to deal with Mark twice in one day. How bad can it be? After all morning duty is pretty light. All the person really has to do is get me out of bed in my power chair And get me dressed. The process was a little more drawn out when I slinged up in the morning, slinging up is my reference to having to use the lift to move but from my bed to the chair. The last couple weeks I've been working on doing as much of the transfer without the lift and on my own.The process is been a bit more challenging than I had anticipated but it seems to be coming along the best part is it takes a lot less time and tomfoolery. Still not at the point where I could do this totally by myself but hopefully the time is coming. So, once I'm in my chair I'm pretty well done… I know I gave it earlier comment about getting dressed in my chair but actually I usually am dressed before I transferred my chair so when I do the transfer I'm done. Oh, I still shave put on my shirt but actually I can do that on my own. So at the point this morning when I was in my chair and situated okay it was only half an hour and I'm charge for the whole hour. So as I shaved I had Mark fold a pile of clothes. Which Mark did then came back and sat on the side of the tub and watch me finished shaving. I remembered I want to work on but today but there were things in front of my tools that have difficult time getting those moved so why not still have 30 minutes on the clock so we went out and moved some materials around And I found that Mark had an innate skill of order – – greatly surprising me. If you deft movements he found the place for the snowblower and got a space of my workbench to make getting around in the garage much simpler. I was amazed.


I learned some things about Mark he is much more acceptable in the morning when things are fresh and new then eight hours later or even 10 hours later when the day's work on and worn you out. I was used to seeing Mark at the end of his day and at the end of mine. We are both tired and I guess irritable. How much harder must be for Mark to try to present a good face forward since I'm the client and he is the server? But it was very enlightening to see Mark at the beginning of his day. He finally left after being here 45 minutes I really could not think of anything else for him to do. I think I'll feel a lot different towards Mark this evening but shows up disheveled, tired to work last hour of his day.

No comments: