Friday, June 10, 2016

Cliché




Yesterday was an occupational therapy today in fact not only was an occupational therapy day it was a home visit meaning my therapist actually comes to my home and works with me at the house. On the situation my therapist actually works on my house. I kind of understand what this means as far as "occupational therapy" but still kind of weird. Yesterday, the action brought materials to help make a small ramp going from the hallway to the bathroom. When we built this bathroom we remodeled one of the existing bedrooms to make a roll in shower and stuff. We laid tile over the wood floors that had comprise the rooms. This gave about half inch rise which always blocked the wheels of either my chair are the left and actually people could stubbed their toes that the good watch out. There's actually another small ramp that seems to be decaying that he wants to make a similar ramp going from the bedroom to the bathroom. So, my OT gets to do all this work to my living situation that's great but I just sit around and I don't do anything. So this is occupational therapy I guess – – just not the way I understand it or have understood it over the years.

He had extra goop, when he finished the inside work, so in order to use this goop he built a very small ramp off the big ramp going to my house. It just made sense why throw away good group? I guess I was kind of miffed by solace happening, had not been consulted. I guess I was kind of miffed because when I saw was a project is going take a day or so it's not longer for the thing to cure. This means essentially locked in the house over that period of time. Casey, the OT, is a great guy who really likes to go the extra mile. Luckily, I saw where I was headed and stopped my comments hopefully before anyone was offended. I don't know had I been consulted would it have changed the outcome, probably not. I was served “sure” it's not like I had 1 million places to go yesterday.

So all day I've been trapped in the house well not in the house per se, on the ramp waiting for the work to cure. Directions say you have to wait 24 to 48 hours. I almost roll down the ramp at three but decided to give it another 12 hours at least. The temperature is in the 90s today plus the wind blew all day so I think that would assist in the curing process.I dutifully stayed off the work, I had some things inside I did, and then just read a novel out on the ramp. It's funny you really don't miss something until you can't do it that seems so cliché but it's so true.



No comments: