Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Rocky I Hardly Knew You



I think I worried about what to do with the remains of the little beast out in my potters cabinet all night long. I had weird dreams some bordering on nightmares. I had to figure out something to do with the fella. So after I'd gotten all my morning chores out-of-the-way I settled in on my day. I figured I had better get busy on operation Removal.

I of course turned to the Internet and typed in “dead animal removal”in my city and I was amazed at how many hits came up. So I picked the first gave them a call. I really did not think it through when I made the call. I didn't think there were organizations/businesses whose sole occupation was picking up and removing dead animals. So I got Marge on the phone – –, had that Utah twang in her voice – – and when I explained to her what I needed she just chuckled and said sure we can take care of that. It'll probably cost you between $50 and $100. I wondered if there'd be a charge and then figured these people are probably used to picking up dead cows, horses, buffaloes and other bizarre beasts that regular folk never think of… Of course there would be a charge. At actually already considered calling Murray Animal Control and seeing if they would do such a thing. It seemed only natural they would animal control and everything.

So I called Murray city and after five minutes of being transferred from one office to the next I finally got a hold of Animal Control. I explained to them my situation and though they had not jump into action they seems somewhat interested especially after I explained the dead beast was easy access and not under the house or something like that. Once they heard that Animal Control became much more cordial. They didn't even put me on hold, the girl who answered the phone just cover the receiver with her hand and you get here the muffled discussion going on in the background. After the discussion and a laugh or two I heard she came back to our conversation and said somebody would be out, she was not sure when, today at some point. I was relieved immensely.

I spent the next two hours out on my deck/ramp taking care of some business I could do from my cell phone and reading and waiting for the A/C guy. And sure enough officer B. White drove up in his little white pickup with Murray City emblazoned on the side. A very nice young man, we immediately went to the cupboard. He is relieved at how accessible the body was. It wasn't quite sure on how to approach the situation but he prodded and poked and realized the animal was “glued” to the floor of the Cabinet. He thought he might have to go back to the station and get a shovel but first we tried a prybar he had in the back of the unit. Sure enough scraping pushing and gouging at the little beast soon had him loose. Officer White then put on his black gloves got the black garbage bag and showed, but he claimed and I certainly believed was a raccoon which I immediately named Rocky. I never got a good view of Rocky, I didn't want a view of Rocky, I just wanted Rocky gone. And now he was. I asked officer White if I needed to do anything special to the death area and he said nah. He suggested if I was worried I could hose out the cupboard and then maybe shoot some bleach in there. It's all good it should be all right.


I'm just glad to have Rocky gone. I'm sure he's been in there since the cold time probably deep winter. He crawled in their probably to get away from the storm and just froze to death – – or maybe he was ill who knows probably rabid when in their and just died. Didn't realize we had raccoon problems this far away from the mountains but we do. Kind of spooky. Anyway just so you know it's taking care of and didn't cost no 50 bucks.

No comments: