Friday, June 03, 2016

Happy Birthday Little Big Mark!


I'm afraid I'm such a bad dad, I can't stand it. In fact I'm going to write today about something I usually do not write about and that's family. It's not a competition! This is what I always say I'm always afraid that the kids do compete to see who I'm thinking of the most. This is so weird since I think of all of them all the time as all parents do I suppose. So, even though I'm proud of them all I really include them in my blog. But today I'm making an exception today I'm writing about my firstborn which is his birthday – – June 3. Why this birthday as opposed to others it's because it's his 40th birthday! So, to a degree am not writing about him, Mark Anthony, writing about me where I am in the timeline and where he is in his timeline, which I guess is also my timeline.

40 years old that's one generation maybe even to depending on how one looks at generational gaps are spacing. He's pretty much cooked, done, stick a fork in him and see if his tender enough. He is his own man now – – of course he has been for decades. He is working full-time, married and has began his own generations. He's basically doing okay. I worry after him a little but I've seen his track record now know is going to do well with our without me. I wish I could say I was his great role model (excuse the pun) but I'm not. I don't know how many times of let him down – – I wish I could of done so much better in all regards. Even now, I never get him his birthday gifts or any of the other kids gifts on time if I even do gifts.


But, 40 years. I think that is such a mile marker in anyone's life. Even though 40 is the new 30 supposedly, you cannot help but to see the whole picture for the first time. 80 years sometimes more sometimes less but right around 80 seems to be the norm when you turn forty-year halfway there and I think you take time to examine that a little and see where you're going.

No comments: