Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Keeping Busy


Yesterday I had physical therapy and that's it for this week. Two hours I had one hour on Monday of occupational therapy and then I had one hour yesterday. A lot of the time was spent with me being ranged and in the standing frame and having a come to Jesus talk with the therapist. She was let me know I was coming up on the end of my therapy sessions. There was some talk about trying to figure out a way to extend more sessions but we have to figure out a plan to do so that would not be in violation of Medicare protocols. Interesting, I don't know what I would do or will do when my sponsored therapy sessions run out. I guess I'll have to really look at finding something to do productive. I have thought about volunteering in the past but was just too arduous going through all their word little protocols just a volunteer at their agency. It's not worth it is to have not found one worth while yet. Perhaps a hotline is some sort I do fairly well doing phone work. Until then I'm doing little projects around the house which are kind of fun.

There's a ShopKo not far from where I do my therapy. I often go over there and roll through their gardening tent where they have all their plants for sale. Where in the middle of their end of spring sale for the trying to get rid of all the plants. I found some fairly good-looking tomato plants and purchased them. I only wanted one or two but the coming six plant containers so I took him all and went to the back patio and planted them in pots I had from last year and instantly I was gardening. I am quite pleased and surprised that the tomatoes of taken the seem to be quite strong. I'm also adding nutrients to the soil on a weekly basis. This is new for me and I think using the nutrients is making quite a difference. Now I just need to make sure they're watered okay and the slugs and snails and the other creepers stay away.

We also been getting back into some Chinese cooking which I love, mainly egg foo young, and a lot of the recipes I've looked at call for green onions. So Dianne bought some the other day and now I have bulbs to plant so I went and rescued some of the planters from last year and planted them this morning. And instantly, my little garden has gotten larger and my focus a little keener on something outside myself. My occupational therapist would be so happy. I'm trying not to fall prey to patting myself on the back but I have to admit this gardening thing – – occupational therapy – – really is good for me regardless of how limited my humble little garden is. Out so tickled if I can harvest some onions or onion greens and some tomatoes at Summers end.


We passed solstice, and even though you cannot tell the hours of daylight are getting shorter I sense they are. Winter is on its way way off, way out there. It's hot now, really hot. Things are changing. Right now these heat spells are just an anomaly and not dangerous to us here in the north west and Intermountain states but they could be and I am sure, sooner than later the heat will become dangerous and prophecies will be realized. Hope that's off 10 or 12 years – – is that just irresponsible or what.

No comments: