Sunday, September 29, 2019

CYMA



I think I wrote about Gail, my cleaning person, who used to be my home health provider. She's post 70 and she's still trying to survive in the workplace. She provides two hours of cleaning at my apartment every week. Two charges be $15 an hour which is less expensive than anybody else I could engage but at the same time she is getting up there in age so I'm purchasing her time and I appreciate what she does and she does an adequate job. The problem now is that last week she had a rather severe automobile accident. Thank goodness she's not in the hospital which is banged up pretty bad and her vehicle was totaled. She has no transportation an early form of work at this point is cleaning people's homes and she has no transportation I don't know how much longer she can continue doing that plus concerned about residual accident situation. She's fallen down a couple times and I don't know how steady she is. She's got major bills, I think she recently got this new vehicle I know it cost her a lot. I don't know how she's going to do this however she did allude to being in communication with one of the local ambulance chasers that you see advertised. So hopefully she was not cited for the accident and that she might get a little renumeration for her lost vehicle.

So, what do I do now? Fortunately my current home health person is great Annette actually does a lot of light cleaning while I'm processing through my our team that could be anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes and for an apartment my size that's not too bad. Sweep the floors, mop and wax if I purchased some wax. She vacuums the front room and the bedroom which are actually pretty small. She always makes my bed and even starts my wash once a week. I go down and collect the wash when it's done but she actually gets me wash started and then froze the wash from the machine to the dryer. So between Annette and Gail I am actually live in a pretty shipshape home. Well what got me writing this tonight was that typically Gail comes on Friday afternoon and so my apartment looks pretty good until Monday when Annette does her thing. I actively noticed this evening that the apartment really does need some attention. So I spent the afternoon washing dishes and I plan to sweep the floor before tomorrow. Mark Anthony was over and picked up the floor in the front of the apartment. I should be okay by tomorrow morning early. The only thing it causes me some concern is that Friday as Annette and myself visited she kind of mentioned she was planning some outing the next couple weeks. It's too soon to beat I'm going to do concerned but I'm just wondering what I'm going to do when Annette moves on I know it's going to happen change is the only constant and maybe that's what I've got to accept I'll always be in the process of training my next healthcare person…

No comments: