Wednesday, September 04, 2019

People Who Need…


I don't know. I just spent 10 minutes searching past posts trying to see if I had had any previous posts regarding my need of people. I searched for “people who need people” and I cannot believe how many references surfaced. I think whatever algorithms were involved searched just for the work people not necessary the string of words I have in the quotes. I looked and looked couldn't find anything halfway remote to what I'm writing about tonight. I am sure that I have in the 3000 posts I've made somewhere written about this need but I couldn't find it so forgive me if I seem redundant. In the Beatles tune “Help” the lads lament “When I was younger so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way…”Where I like to believe I was that individual I didn't need anyone needs help in any way but I always needed people's help especially since the accident in 1966 But I really can't myself into believing I did not… Until I did. More truthfully I should acknowledge that I don't need anyone's help in taking care of my self personally. After a few months two years of readjustment after returning home from rehabilitation I was able to dress myself, getting out of bed by myself, bathe myself. I couldn't fix my wheelchair if I got a flat tire or even loaded into the vehicle if I went somewhere with people. I suppose I could watch) I didn't have to thanks to mom. When I finally got on my own first apartment and Nampa Idaho my mom actually drove over once a week with my wash. Even when I returned to college and lived in the dorms I think they watched by close weekly. Later on I figured it out. Then there was some great while that I was basically independent aside from catastrophic things like changing batteries and such. This held true all the way up till my stenosis operation when I greatly lost my independence. The number of things happened at my apartment today that's what's again bringing into question my ability to be independent. It's not a big deal but as I was backing away from my workstation where I have my computer set up next to a bookcase why have a clock set up (just a little LED) as well as a power strip that's furnishes the power to these items but when I backed away I pulled the plug on something turned them all off and now I can't even find the plug-in one power strip needs to be plugged into. Good have to wait until my home health person or one of the family stops over so I can get my little clock going again as well as my light on my computer stand. Funny thing this brought to my attention today that I'm truly a person who needs people and of course I was haunted by refrains from the Barbra Streisand classic People “people who need people are the luckiest people in the world”. I went back and listen to the song of course YouTube only has sought but images of Barbara. Really was a flashback a nice one but also made me think of who I am now. Boy, I really must be one lucky guy seriously Do I ever need people? I think I must be the luckiest guy on earth…

No comments: