Saturday, September 21, 2019

No Tea-Ball For You!



I just cannot predict how a days good to go. I was feeling a little bit guilty for not doing enough lately, you know just kicking back enjoyed the cooler weather and the clouds and binging Amazon prime. But today I was kind of interested in going out and doing just a little bit of shopping. Earlier in the week I actually went foraging and found some alfalfa to make tea. Then of course I don't have teabags are even a T-ball or tea-ball what ever. Remember yesterday I was totally guilt ridden about the blue lap basket from Walmart? Well I decided that I would return the basket and maybe go across the street and check out the dollar store at Family All A Dollar and see if they had tea making materials. Sometimes, I'm amazed at what these Dollar stores carry. Anyway, regardless the situation I would have to go up to 5400 S. meaning I would catch the bus. I know I could actually drive my chair up there but I really am trying to be a little proactive and force myself to wait for the bus and not put the trauma on my chair. I really want this vehicle the last as long as I can make it last.

I was so pleased going to my cache of clothes and actually finding a longsleeved T shirt maybe even a sweatshirt that was long enough to cover my belly and heavy enough to keep me warm as I travel on the tarmac. The sun shining bright today perfect day for a black shirt.I consulted the app I have For the transit authority And saw I had about 20 minutes before the next bus. I played a little on my favorite videogame to observe the time been off I went. As I said a bit chilly but a bright day to be out Cruising the city . I waited patiently at the light waiting for the light to change. I counted down the seconds on the Adjacent street crossing my Five, four, three, two, oneThe light changes and I look up and see my light go from “is one” to the flashing walking guy. I even looked and didn't see the vehicle so I started out across the street and all of a sudden I did look up in the opposite direction, which I thought was totally safe, and there was the SUV bearing down on me. Not fast but fast enough. I was like a deer in headlights. I tried to push my chair to its maximum speed but in my confusion I hit the wrong button stopped all forward motion (very similar to what I feel happened When I broke my neck) the SUV was still coming and I knew I was a goner, game over, tits up...But not today! But it was a close one today that's for sure. I maybe even screened or yelled and I think that's what may have got the guys attention to stop. One thing that's different is that usually the event doesn't really bother me but today I can tell I had a major adrenaline pump. It took me a good part of the afternoon to To work the adrenaline out of my system I think. Today was a close one closer than most, But I'm here for another day…

No comments: