Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Interesting Days




What an interesting day – – I love days that are interesting especially at this point in my life. I have to admit most of my days are interesting granted some days or more packed with things and items to experience than others but no less interesting. Thankfully my life is not boring, I don't know how that could be but I hear many reports that life can be boring but a tragedy and experience for that benighted individual.

Yesterday I got the most interesting message on Facebook early the popped up on Facebook as I was turning my equipment off last night. It said something about to expect a box from Amazon to be delivered tomorrow (which is actually today). That message was right next to an image of my friend Dennis D,From my Boise days. I thought perhaps it was just a coincidence. I thought maybe Dennis had sent me a comment on one of my posts and that comment showed up exactly at the same time that Amazon is notifying me dated be delivering a package the next day.

I was tired when I came in from my travels today. I had my volunteer duty with the local Assist, Inc. board responsibility and then I had to go all the way down to the end of the valley to my wheelchair repair shop to have my new harness installed, that electrical device that directs commands from the joystick to the servos at the far end of my chair operating my foot plates. The trip is a difficult trip from downtown Salt Lake to the end of Redwood Road. One train ride and hooking up with a bus route southbound for a bunch of blocks and then having to roll up your four Salt Lake blocks to the shop and then keep myself and the technician working on my chair entertained as he makes the transition to the new harness. Everything seemed to be working fine when I left after about an hour and a half of lying back in my chair while the technician did his job. The only problem I had was the time I got home I was noticing one part of my chair, the foot box would not deploy entirely. It's relatively important because not only does the procedure allow the foot box to lower but also talk in allowing me to get closer to things I need to get closer to like my arm bike. I can get by but there is definitely a problem with the new harness. So tomorrow I'm headed back early on to get this rectified before lunch date with the writers Guild.

When I got back from my track there is a box in front of my door from Amazon! And the return address which is also my address but had instead of my name the name of my friend Dennis in its place. The box is light weight but large. I needed to get to the bathroom so I charged into my apartment leaving the box outside my door. After dinner I decided I better bring a box in which I did and cut the tape opened the box to find my very own blue basket! It was the exact same basket as my Walmart basket which now I can take back and leave forever using my brand-new blue basket! Thanks Dennis is the best…

No comments: