Monday, September 23, 2019

Domino's Yeah a!



I had a board meeting this afternoon. The board meeting today was for Utah Assistive Technology Program advisory board. This advisory board is one of my better board meetings they actually serve us lunch! One of a few that still do. Seem like in the old days the state of Utah (no one gets paid to be on a state board) but often participants would enjoy a meal and usually a hot meal often catered. Many times in the last couple of years the meals have dwindled to potato bars and cold sandwiches. That's okay because I service on these boards was not to get fed as much as two Garner time I could use to take off when I was working. Because so many of these board meetings took place over lunch.Today I was pleased that she chose to service pizza One of my favorite pizza vendors Domino's. Now a lot of people I know don't like Domino's but I think they're the best. I should've had just one piece but I had to do now was more that I needed but it's just so good. I didn't even wait around after the meeting looking pathetic hoping they would send some of a two or three pizzas they had left over. I will gladly taken half a pizza home wrapped up in plastic to eat for the remainder of the week.

I'm sure if you did some research into this blog you would see that I've referenced this board for, the board over the Utah assistive technology foundation program. I was part of this board because of my state job, the call center for disability questions many of which were regarding Assistive technology and you might remember my office close to the used equipment webpage. So I've always been part of anything going on statewide assistive technology I also carry credibility since I use so much A T in my life. But we spent a large part of the meeting today on a couple of questions that probably would not of been asked had my position not been eradicated. One of our members was raising the question of why there was no organized system/process for an individual to receive information on getting services for we represent. I guess it's a valid question but that the that he did know more of the process. He is actually of the child with a disability. The individuals right however the system that exists now for consumer to try to get a piece of equipment is quite punitive Defeats many consumers who need the services desperately.

We must spent three quarters of the meeting discussing this issue and now we are having a follow-up meeting to further discuss this particular issue. Hopefully, we will hold an other individuals in the community we should also be involved with providing advocacy and information to people of low income who need assistive technology. I was just pleased and somewhat vindicated that very service that I provided information on is still so desperately needed yet the state all their wisdom to the system away that best method the need. However, the process of reinventing the wheel sure gets old.

No comments: