Sunday, September 08, 2019

Enjoyable All The Same



I think I'm going to close the door tonight to the patio before I go to bed. It's been the first time this summer I've actually shut the door because with the door open I get too cold during the night. I could copout and engage the furnace but I don't want to do that yet. Turning on the furnace now would be caving into the concept that summer is over. But I fight that like a five-year-old fights going to bed at 8 PM. It seems as long as I can keep the door open all night the longer I can keep some are alive in the illusion of heat around me.

I woke this morning and actually thought about donning a long sleeve shirt. I didn't think about a long but there is a definite edge to the morning air which is not been there before. It rained during the night which certainly gave the aroma of autumn to the atmosphere this morning. The mornings chill even kept me under the a covers longer than I needed to be. The reheated coffee was extra welcome this morning as I cranked into my day. I cooked bacon last night, A thick brick of entangled bacon ends bestowed upon me by the food bank. I rarely cook bacon in the evening but I tried something new last night knowing that the brick of bacon is quite formidable and I doubt I would wrestle the brick in the morning time. However, if I process the bacon in the evening they'll have it available the following morning making the probability of having bacon with whatever I cook much higher. It worked this morning I tried one egg, no butter toast and a couple pieces of over to cook the bacon and it made a delightful breakfast which I know I would not of had if I faced the ordeal of cooking bacon this morning and then still having to cook an egg. This makes me sound quite petty.

I'm always quite amazed to find how little usable meat is in one of those blocks of bacon end cuts. This seems to be a lot of bacon showing on the outside but went to get inside the brick it's almost nothing but fat, long white flat strips of fat sometimes accompanied by a couple bites of bacon if you're lucky. I I kept half of the brick and through the rest away. I also got a court of eggs. Boy does that sound weird but, I got a quart container, like milk, but it was frozen eggs. I had hoped they would be thought out by this morning but the eggs were still pretty solid so I could not use them. I assume the only thing they be usable for would be making scrambled eggs are perhaps used in baking somehow. I'm a little excited to use the egg mix I have always wondered about these eggs in the box but never had a chance to experience.

The high point of my day was a visit from my son Mark Anthony while I was dozing in front of my computer screen binging on Big Mouth, a questionable piece of animation way below good taste. Beside that it's been a quiet day not much to write about but I have found the day enjoyable just the same…

No comments: