Thursday, September 26, 2019

Premier Week!



Is unbelievable how quickly Thursday rolls around there for a week!Today is packed, I have appointments all through the day however they are evenly space I should not have a problem with making them. Of course it's Thursday which means it's the coffee group at 9:30 AM at 12 noon I have A T Council, then later on at 4 PM I have bookclub. A T Council should not go beyond 2 o'clock at 230 which would make right the time I would need to get down to South Jordan library for bookclub.

I'm so pleased I was able to get the chair running again yesterday morning. Looking over my schedule for today it doesn't really look like a lot but it is when you consider having to make all of these meetings in a power chair using public transit. I'm actually writing this in the morning before my coffee group just so I'll have it finished by this evening so I can enjoy some of the new Thursday programming on the channel that I watch. Again I know that sounds quaint but it's true I just love the new television season. Maybe it's because the old days the new season was spectacular sometimes it would last two weeks it seemed like. The beginning of new shows the networks would be running. Completely new thought processes science-fiction I can hardly wait. They would start advertising early in the summer about the new season starts showing snippets and previews of oncoming venues for the fall. It was interesting to see television progress from not only new programming they actually went through that whole “Movie of the week” then they had a movie of the specific day like “Monday night at the movies” “Sunday night movies” and even “Saturday night at the movies”. There is even a moment when, if I remember correctly, there is a movie for every night of the week shared between the different networks. Even our home, come the new fall schedule by 7 PM dinner would be finished, the cows milked, the equipment washed and dishes put away in the whole family coming together like the opening of the Simpsons cartoon, on the couch. Actually the kid to be on the floor lying prone with the heads propped up on their hands lovingly gazing at the blue warm screen promising and evenings delight. Dad would already be dozing, mom would I started her iron-rite, iron or with spray bottle in hand feeding the family is close into the hot padded drum getting ready for the following Sunday.

It's altogether different now in this age of Streaming, video discs, and small many seasons splattered throughout the year. The one major fall kickoff season like they used to have no longer exists just kind of sad but in this new world, brave New World where you get anything usually the second that you want if you want it bad enough to pay for it one way or the other. The let loose whole seasons at one shot where you can binge away the whole weekend for 20 or more 48 minute episodes! It really is truly amazing. Still however I look forward to that time when the sun goes down earlier and dinner is finished and I turned my attention to the warm blue glow emitting from my flatscreen sitting above my work desk and remembering wonderful new moments with a peacock spreading its multicolored tailfeathers as if a blessing over the new television season enjoy everyone the networks new offering…

No comments: