Friday, January 01, 2021

French Toast Moments

 



You know that worry you get when is not a major worry was just enough to put you off? Well I had that worry itch all night it seemed like. Those contacted kind of early yesterday by my home health agency notifying me that my regular person, Melanie would not be around to do why home healthcare services this morning. She was stay-at-home because she didn't feel well. They notified me and the call that she had been to a Covid center and she tested negative like a real little relief. However, she was hacking all around and definitely had a sore throat so I was not surprised at the call. There are offering a new person to cover. Her name is Alisha. And she knows nothing about me. This basically means I have to train a whole new person. You never know what to expect. Like I said this was not major information but enough to worry me that things would go well.


I woke at 5 AM, I tried to get back to sleep but it was a no go and finally drug myself up at 6 AM. The kitchen was in pretty good condition so I felt a need to correct that issue so decided make breakfast. We can go or so, local white bread from the pantry/food bank. I noticed yesterday the breaded kind lost its elasticity and was close to being unusable at least for sandwich material . I suppose I could use it to some degree for ingredients for meatloaf, salmon loaf or something else I might need some sort of binding agent. I also have three quarters of a box of egg product and eggnog so I figured what the hell let's make French toast. I whipped up a bunch of French toast along with the last pieces of ham steak or frozen couple weeks ago. French toast was not bad is presently surprised. I have enough for a week or knows how long. I think I could've used more egg product but the piece of toast that I had did not taste half bad.


The holiday seasons over, I sensed that today which just makes sense. I feel the earth cranking up to start another year. I ran over across the street to the market. Perhaps had the buses been running I would have jumped the bus and headed down to 7000 South to this myth superstore. I needed to pick up bananas for myself as well as my neighbor. Bananas are important when you get old. Perhaps I'll go out tomorrow and see what Smith's has to offer when the buses get back online and we crik into day two this glorious new year. However in the meantime I got my basket and my and the street for some recreational shopping.


PS. Just to satisfy your question Alisha turned out to be great! Not only was she a fast learner but she also did some housekeeping while I was otherwise occupied. So hopefully now I'll be okay until Monday when I'm sure Melanie will be back when things would get back to normal. But certainly go to file Alisha on the back of my mind in case Melanie wanders off into the sunset…

No comments: