Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Dinner

 




I kind of cooked all afternoon, late afternoon actually. So I got on the cooking mood after texting Dianne was about ready to embark on making homemade mushroom soup. I have never had her homemade mushroom soup with looks and sounds delicious. I mean you can only go so far with technology and texting. There is no taste or aroma and perhaps that's best. I've been kind of thinking about this meal for a couple weeks actually, ever since I found a roast I purchased from Costco a few months ago that I had frozen up in the top of the fridge. It's a cute little roast beef sliced and impact in its own juices. I really getting into instant potatoes too. I don't know why I like them so much maybe even over the real thing. Certainly a lot simpler less for sure. I even threw together a green bean casserole even though I didn't have French fried onions for the top I used by Chinese noodles and it came out just fine. Perhaps the best part of the wholemeal was or is a chocolate cake I made from one of the packages of cake mix I found in the pantry. I haven't tasted the cake yet but sure it'll be fine. What I'm worried most about with the cake is I found a half a can of frosting are used for cake number months ago and put the remaining frosting in the pantry since the forgot it until today. I gingerly jabbed the chocolatey mess and there is nothing going on at and for the covered finger in my mouth and the taste of relatively okay. I'm sure once I apply it to the cake will be just fine.


I only had enough frosting to do about three force of the cake. I have about a fourth of the cake with no frosting of all that's okay I don't mind. I'll leave that part two cure dry out which I can use for snacks or drench of milk at some point in time later in the month. I will be tasting a piece of the frosting covered cake tonight before turning in. Yesterday when I went to the market but couldn't help myself and bought another package of ice cream cups. You know those little cups of ice cream that used to get in a paper container with a wooden spoon. Now it's a plastic container with no spoon is not a whole lot of ice cream (just 100 cal it says) just enough to give you a taste of something better. I'm going to heat up a piece of the cake and open one of the containers of ice cream and call it good.


It's late in the evening now and I'm about ready to start the cleanup. Once again I did a number on the kitchen especially things like mixing bowls with chocolate cake mix coded on the sides. Luckily up I rinsed a lot of the stuff as I use them all I was cooking so maybe the cleanup will not be so hard that I have a few minutes tomorrow before my home health person comes from a program. Many times she can't stand my kitchen will actually do some cleaning and washing. But wanted to have to do a lot so she can see I'm trying maybe she will assist with the heavy lifting…

No comments: