Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Shingles Shot

 


I'm so confused. I've been trying to be medically responsible this last couple of months , working to complete my vaccination sequence for shingles. I think I'm afraid I'm going to get shingles so I've been trying to be proactive and push myself to get the appropriate vaccination. A couple weeks ago or maybe two months ago I started the process once again was actually getting the first of the inoculations. To inoculations a couple months apart each one costing almost $200! Usually, archive insulated from the cost just because of usually met my deductible making the process about $40 and inoculation but seems okay. Now days, however I'm not even getting close to meeting my deductible in the years time. Couple months ago the shot cost me I think around $180.00.this was that the end of my insurance year and I had not met my deductible. Now only a couple months into my new insurance year I'm not even close to meeting my deductible of course to be shot was about $175. 00. In trying to figure out what I would write today I did a search of this blog for the word “shingles” and found that I actually had a former shingles about five years ago maybe six. Frighteningly, of course don't remember this hardly at all. Dianne and I were still together then and I suspect still a lot of the groundwork. I wonder if I got the shots then? Oh well, I guess better safe than sorry.


The day was beautiful felt like spring. Even if the temperature was only around 44° the direct sunshine certainly made one feel warm. Last week I stopped off at the pharmacy at the place where I shop for my groceries and got the process going. I almost got the vaccination than but when they dropped the $175 price on my head for the vaccination I spooked and ran. I could've taken care of the process right then and I should've but I did not. It was only after speaking with Dianne yesterday who reassured me that it was the wisest thing to do and get it done as soon as I could. I went to the market searching for LaChoy Chinese noodles. I've somehow run out of these noodles which many days are a major part of my breakfast regimen. The last couple of days but I've been to the market they have been out the bags of noodles. The same happened today. We still had cans of noodles available which didn't even register with me as being the same product – – stupid. But I spent a good half an hour visiting the store staff about when the next bags of noodles would be in only afterwards did I had to the pharmacy.


Same process different day was even the same pharmacy tech, Jodi. She shoved the forms at me again to fill out and got the process going. So such a joke of a me fill out forms and thinking they will get readable document then again it doesn't really matter does it? It's just a formality. It was kind of fun Jodi trying to disrobe me to the point were a shoulder was rreachable. She gave me the choice of writer left a should have taken right. I sleep on my right side I'm sure this is going to cause some pain to night but I have a bottle of ibuprofen which I keep on my bed stand in case my tooth goes nova in the middle of the night. I really did the whole poverty seen handing Jodi my bank card and my credit card taking half of the cost for each account. But I got it done! I hope I'm safe from shingles. I had a light case so hopefully off the bad guys the head of the pass now I'm just waiting for my Covid 19 inoculation sometime in February…

No comments: