Friday, September 14, 2018

Bookmarks, Sniffles and Other Things




I should be embarrassed to state that I did not do anything to speak up today except perhaps read. This is been a busy week for me with meetings of one sort or another almost every day except for today. I use this time to unwind hang out in my little apartment. I thought about doing the wash and getting it out of the way but I figured what the heck, the one has to wait until tomorrow or even Sunday but I don't like working on Sunday if I don't have to. So tomorrow I will wash clothes for next week.

I did finish the piece of pulp fiction I've been working on all week. It was an okay read, one of the volumes my little sister sent me. I've read two volumes by this author. He is entertaining and I guess with fiction that all one can really hope for. He is a writing machine like so many authors are today. Writing for the majority of the population but still reads. Fat books with short chapters. You get the feeling that you've actually read something. I spoke is like drinking fluids with sweeteners that satisfies your thirst and you feel you drank something pleasing. I started, almost immediately by James Patterson who I feel is the quintessential little big book writer. He is entertaining.

I also spent time making some bookmarks. I don't know why find this so entertaining but I continue to make by donkeys and I'm sort of stuck on making on making bookmarks. Maybe someone like the books I'm reading. I can produce five or six or seven bookmarks the time I would do one regular picture. I like coloring the bookmarks as well. Today I reverted back to the “red burro” motif which I find so rewarding. Sometimes I feel like red and that's all there is to it. But I did I got some burros done. Just like the books I'm reading makes you feel like I've read something when I get done with my bookmarks I have the feeling that I've done some art.

I've decided that as I have become older that I've developed more significant allergies. All week long I have felt that I've had a cold. I've had a stuffed head, sniffles and have had bouts of sneezing– – all symptoms of having a cold but I don't feel like I'm sick if that makes any sense. So I think it's allergies for the first time in my life. Especially the watery eyes. I keep forgetting that there are also great fires all around the area maybe that's what I'm suffering as well pollution from the forest and range fires all around this region. Whatever the etiology I haven't felt much like getting out and traveling if I don't have to. Maybe, I'll try to go to bed early tonight and get some rest of the weekend and some time in the sun burning the impurities out my system.

No comments: