Monday, September 10, 2018

Perfect Pumas



I am exhausted! I really didn't do that much today but still I can barely keep my eyes open. I may even hit the sack before 10 PM but who knows never underestimate the possibility of the second wind. I was up at 6 AM which is really no big deal for me. It's Monday which means as home health Dana day. I like to be up, shaved and ready for my home health worker when she gets here always around 7 AM. I want to make sure I waste of time doing things I could do before she gets here.

Possibly, I was excited because today I meeting with by occupational therapist Kasey over at TOSH not far from where I used to live in Murray. I sent the appointment for 10 AM. I knew I would be done with my mornings business by 8 AM which would give me two hours to get from my apartment to TOSH. I realized last week my occupational therapy time I have available, I have not used and I need to use this opportunity/resource before it runs out. I brought this up last week when visiting with my physiatrist I let her know this information and I had appointment for this morning but it's how I got back to my apartment. I was pretty sure I could make the appointment in the two hours allotted, even if I cannot get on the right bus which runs every hour I can actually just drive by chair there would have done before.

And of course was there plenty of time and my occupational therapist and Ihad a very productive meeting. This was after everyone had to comment at how good I looked, healthy wise. Not that I really cared but it was nice to be gushed over. I have outlined the direction I would like to go as far as making sure my power chair is functional and maintained. We also talked about another home visit and see what further changes we can do to my living situation at the apartments and this led to the arrest he could get me over to his home where I could witness is incredibly beautiful woodshop and actually do some woodworking (Kasey knows how much I miss my little woodshop that was in my garage). I informed Kasey that if he would consider driving my vehicle that he be welcome to drive me over to his house where we can work on some one wood projects. I would be more than open to this exercise. We also talked about some other occupational therapy ideas. I felt good I felt like a getting something valuable accomplished. It was a good day.

This last bit has nothing to do with the rest of the posting that's okay because I don't care. But, when I went to catch the 47 to transport me to Murray Central there was another person at the bus stop. I don't know why but I was enamored with his tennis shoes. I thought he was totally mystical. I so want to ask him about his tennis shoes, these beautiful Pumas… But I didn't.

No comments: